We took the fun-loving, shreddy spirit and adjustability of the beloved aluminum Chameleon but evolved it into a lighter, faster, more advanced species. It’s a do-it-all hardtail that is as happy making the most of backyard booter (mis)adventures as it is fully loaded with camp gear and a color-matched dangle mug.
Speaking of color-matched, the custom blue Hope hubs and headset on the SE kit make this reptile stand out from the crowd. Two bottle cage mounts, including a triple-bolt cargo cage mount under the downtube mean you can escape from the crowds, too.
The Carbon Chameleon changes to suit its environment. Twentyniner or 27.5+, geared or single-speed, this adaptable hardtail utilizes a suite of simple, swappable dropouts to convert it from aggro trail charger to single-speed racer to husky bikepacking mule, or anything in between.
The most versatile bike in our range ticks even more boxes.
- Two bottle cage mounts (including option for a cargo cage mount under downtube)
- Convertible between 29 or 27.5+ wheels
- Geared and singlespeed dropouts (compatible with aluminum Chameleon, too)
- Clearance for up to 3.0” tires (27.5+) or 2.5” (29er)
- Internal brake and dropper routing
- Made for: Backyard trail thrashing and backcountry soul-searching
- At home on: cross country to crossing countries
- Sizes: S, M, L, XL
For more information, head to www.santacruzbicycles.com.