We grab a sample of the Kali Maya half face helmet and head for the hills. Check out Tom’s first impressions of this Enduros-specific shredding lid.
The Maya is Kali’s wallet friendly answer to the next generation of helmets full coverage, full protection and tidy styling for big, rowdy days on the trail bike. Can it tick all the boxes and not empty your pocket of cash?
Kali use their Composite Fusion Plus system to combine two densities of foam together during their inmould helmet creation. In simple terms it’s two types of foam in interlocking cone shapes that put soft foam where it needs to be and takes impacts away from your noggin.
Around the outside of this foam is a hard plastic coating with plenty of styling, a whole load of vents to help keep things cool and a big moto style visor with head cam mount integrated into it. With a line-up like that you’d be expecting a hefty price tag, but the ticket comes in at the lower end of the top-end helmet market. We’ve had a couple of good rides out in the Maya and have been really impressed with the fit and comfort. Next up we need to clip a GoPro to it and head out for more riding. Oh the hardship!
- 12 Vents (5 forward facing vents, 7 rear facing vents) with internal channeling for ventilation
- Adjustable, flexible and break resistant moto inspired visor
- Antimicrobial liner with integrated bug liner
- COMPOSITE FUSION PLUS technology
- Lowest density EPS foam Kali has ever utilized in a helmet.
- Integrated camera/light mount for perfect filming or night riding
- DUAL CLOSURE ststem
- Certified to EN 1078, CPSC
Sizes S/M (55-61cm) and L/XL(61-63cm)
Weight – 350g
Photos – Rab Laws