Dig or Ride secret tracks? A new law means you’re a criminal.
Do you ride or dig on land that’s not yours?? Sign the petition!! Or you could all end up in Jail!
We just spotted this petition to try and stop Boris and his government from implementing a new law that “will make intentional trespass a criminal offence”. yep, this quote was taken from the Government’s manifesto.
Heres what the petition states: “The Government’s manifesto stated, “we will make intentional trespass a criminal offence”: an extreme, illiberal & unnecessary attack on ancient freedoms that would threaten walkers, campers, and the wider public. It would further tilt the law in favour of the landowning 1% who own half the country.”
For a thousand years, trespass has been a civil offence – but now the Government is proposing to make trespass a criminal offence: a crime against the state. Doing so could:
– Criminalise ramblers who stray even slightly from the path;
– Remove the ability of local residents to establish new rights of way;
– Criminalise wild camping, denying hikers a night under the stars;
– Clamp down on peaceful protest, a fundamental right and essential part of our democracy;
– Impact Traveller communities.