Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: fractured wrist....  (Read 6676 times)

jimmi

• Immortal
  • Senior
  • Hitler only did it for the chicks
Re: fractured wrist....
« Reply #15 on: Feb 08, 2006, 12:57 »
it all depends on how youve fractured your wrist,
i cracked both my wrists in a non bike realted accident, my left wrist was fine after 6 weeks in a cast and 2 weeks of gentle exercising to get it back up to strength, i only fractured 1 of the tiny bones in the wrist on that hand.

on my right wrist i fractued all 4 of the lil bones (i think theres 4 of them) and i spent 10 weeks in a cast, it was months before it was strong enough to get back on a bike

my problems were that i had done the bones in that sit near the thumb and as your thumb gets used/moves with just about every single hand movement, it took bloody ages to heal

all in all i was off the bike for about 5 months, then it took me another 3/4 to get my fitness back, my right arm resembled a twiglet an albino twiglet at that
http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1365379/

My old bike, i sold it for a song.....im very very very upset :'(

Roo

• Immortal
  • God Like!
« Reply #16 on: Feb 13, 2006, 20:25 »
As I think I said before, I was a bit of an idiot, riding with my cast on and when they took it off (2-4 weeks earlier than they said they would...) for the first few days over a bump or something my wrist would kind of collapse, but since then it has been fine, every now and then in a certain angle it can hurt but I guess it's all down to how it broke. Mine was the scaphoid and possibly another bone (they couldn't tell).

richimpulse

• Senior
  • Khyber!
    • www.Disfunktional-Dirt.org.uk
« Reply #17 on: Feb 13, 2006, 22:40 »
Well, i can dig again, which is good for me lol.
I had a go an a mates bike 2 weeks ago which only had a dodgy back brake, so when i almost blew over a berm i pulled on it like a loon to try and stop.
Although i didnt hurt my wrist, it felt like i'd tried to tear my thumb off, the pain was unreal, but died off after about half an hour.
Apart from that the wrist seems fine and i'm going to have a go at riding my OWN bike this time, and take it easy....

Rich

mrweasel

« Reply #18 on: Feb 19, 2006, 21:01 »
Well, i can dig again, which is good for me lol.
I had a go an a mates bike 2 weeks ago which only had a dodgy back brake, so when i almost blew over a berm i pulled on it like a loon to try and stop.
Although i didnt hurt my wrist, it felt like i'd tried to tear my thumb off, the pain was unreal, but died off after about half an hour.
Apart from that the wrist seems fine and i'm going to have a go at riding my OWN bike this time, and take it easy....

Rich

Atleast you know your on the mend finally mate. just take it easy like you said for a while.

waster

• Junior
  • break yourself!! fool
« Reply #19 on: Feb 19, 2006, 21:35 »
I broke my scaphiod dec2004 and didnt bother getting any medical advice, it hurt for about 4months, then got better. I then hurt it again but this time went to the doc. I had a bone graffe(spelling ::)) and screw put through it in oct 05, i was in cast 6 weeks.
Im still taking it easy as i dont want to f**k it again. I still dont have full movement in my wrist and it aches like hell after riding dh and such like.
Wesley Snipes passenger 57 now pass me a god dam motherf##king handy wipe

good at crashing

• Senior
crash get up, crash get up, crash get up, crash stay down...

The beautiful Foes (sadly missed) http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/787823/

Tom Evans

• Senior
  • I can play dumb, i not stupid!
« Reply #21 on: Feb 25, 2006, 17:47 »
i've broken my wrist in 2 places from landing a little short pn a 35 foot step down and going into a tree. just had the cast taken off 2 days ago and i can barly move my hand around at all, its so stiff. i got to have physio for a while now.
just be glad that it happened in the winter rather that the beginning of summer

Rootes

• God Like!
    • Rootes Racing
« Reply #22 on: Feb 26, 2006, 22:45 »
I've broken my left scaphoid twice, and my right one once, its a b'tard, my left wrist still hurts at times, especially when its cold!  But then again, my shoulder still hurts 7months after i broke it and never went back to the hospital  :-[

Rootes
Motorcycle website
http://www.wix.com/danrootes/rootesracing

Have a quick peek at what I'm getting up to with engines in the 2011 season.

Joe Ed

• Senior
« Reply #23 on: Feb 27, 2006, 21:45 »
i broke mine wrist and i still get pains every now and then mainly when its cold its so annoying. did'nt take to long to heel though so want to bad.
DH:BALFA BB7     BMX: FEDERAL T NEZ    FR:COMING SOON
www.balfa.co.uk   www.federalbikes.com

© 2019 Ride It Out