Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: So then-what's FOD's bike skills area like and who's local? (South West Content)  (Read 1961 times)

minty

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • Don't be a...
Didn't get chance to check it out on Sat.

Is the Red really much more tricky than the blue in the wet?

I'm bit of a novice when it comes to trail centres in all honesty but have enjoyed the blue fod run twice now and Haldon's red a couple of times which is more like a blue up in fod land in my opinion.

The a417 flyup project is my main concern of wtf is actually going on. picking up a phone one of thes days will be in order most likely.
but as the land looks pretty untouched at birdlip/crickley hill way, I can only guess that things are not going to plan due to aonb restrictions along with access and such like.

Oh and if anyone knows of Tamar trails then shout up, would like to know more than what their website only lets on.

nice one folks and hopefully we can resurrect this forum a bit so do feel free to reply

;D
''hey - I'm curious.... the girl in your avaatar - who is it?  recognise her but can't put my finger in it...''

Speeder

• Immortal
  • God Like!
A417 opens in a couple pf weeks with I think 3 tracks in the open and all the contained stuff (jumps and pump track) along with a resident suspension tuner and Leisure Lakes shop.  I don't think they're expecting not to be busy - it's sold out on the uplift for the first few weekends and I can't wait to go over a few evenings after work over the summer.

FOD Red? The "new" bits will likely be tricky in the wet but most stuff will be compared to the blue as that's pretty hardpacked these days.

minty

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • Don't be a...
I heard somewhere March they were hoping but didn't know it were fact now! Good to hear! It still doesn't look anywhere near complete but guessing it will take time to be established due to it being where it is and the fact district councils being bloody awefull think they know it all from experience around that way.

Re: FOD - yeah that's what I reckon having done the blue twice now in pretty wet weather. Next time the Red. I'll look up how far the red runs but sounds fun!

I'm just breaking myself into trail centres and what better place! It really is an amazing setting with good landscape and well maintained trails. 
Just debating which bike to take next time, haha 

''hey - I'm curious.... the girl in your avaatar - who is it?  recognise her but can't put my finger in it...''

© 2013 Ride It Out