Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Grip recommendations (not super thin)  (Read 5493 times)

el nombre

• Senior
  • Make it or not, stellar move son
Grip recommendations (not super thin)
« on: Nov 03, 2015, 20:31 »
I bought a new bike recently and it came with Sensus Disisdaboss grips. They look cool and feel like a decent compound but my hands are really sore when I've been out for a day on them. I think it's because they might just be too narrow. It feels like my fingers are too curled up. The clamp and flange design also means you lose about 10mm off the bar at each end too so I'm looking for something else.

I'm having a bit of trouble tracking down diameter information. I figured it would be one of the main bits of info on manufacturers sites but apparently not (at least for ODI/Sensus anyway). Anyone got any recommendations for something a bit fatter than the Sensus grips?

I don't have massive hands so they don't need to be huge, just not really thin.
If you're getting rad and there's nobody there to see it, are you really getting rad?
RIP Wheseently trails

[Rob]

• Ride.io
  • Site Admin
  • God Like!
  • Ride.io
    • Check out the home page
Re: Grip recommendations (not super thin)
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 2015, 09:04 »
My two favourite grips at the moment are the Syncros Pro DH and the ODI Troy Lee Designs.

http://www.syncros.com/syncros/us/en/products/2418990001222/Syncros-Pro-DH%2C-Dual-Lock-Grips;jsessionid=4C111DFA23BBDC90984D6585AB9A9405

These are a nice and basic with a good length and width.  I wasn't so sure about these when they arrive on a Scott this year, but a few days into an alps trip I decided to keep them on.  I'll probably buy another set when they wear through.

http://odigrips.com/store/mtb/mtb-products/odi-troy-lee-designs-signature-series-lock-on-mountian-bike-grips

Not that keen on the mini flange you get on these, but the grip is always phenomenal. 

Looking forward to trying out the new Death Grip by DMR though as well, which should be out soon.  These grips only have a clamp on one end giving you loads more room.  I think I had some Pivot grips recently which where similar as well.
Change is good! Ride It Out.

el nombre

• Senior
  • Make it or not, stellar move son
« Reply #2 on: Nov 04, 2015, 20:19 »
The tld grips seem to be pretty popular but from what i read, i was under the impression they fell into the thin end of the spectrum as well.

I was pretty tempted by the ODI Elite Pro grips but i can't find them anywhere
« Last Edit: Nov 04, 2015, 20:21 by el nombre »
If you're getting rad and there's nobody there to see it, are you really getting rad?
RIP Wheseently trails

minty

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • Don't be a...
« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2015, 13:02 »
Raceface do a realy nice chunky and grippy good n evil but do not come in lockon format.

then there are Oury grips who should be able to sort your issue your experiencing out.
''hey - I'm curious.... the girl in your avaatar - who is it?  recognise her but can't put my finger in it...''

Zero Cool

• Senior
« Reply #4 on: Nov 08, 2015, 10:57 »
I like my TLD grips, but think that next time I'll try a pair without the outside clamp as I tend to ride with my hands overlapping the ends (n matter what width bars).  Superstar used to do some XL grips that were thick.
Tom KP

© 2019 Ride It Out