Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X Fusion Slant  (Read 4486 times)

Stevie_C

• Senior
    • Black Canon Collective
X Fusion Slant
« on: Dec 05, 2014, 17:15 »
Im thinking of getting a Slant RL2 to replace my Revelation RLC. Main reason for wanting to change is the Rev's are a bit flexy.
Could anyone who has ridden the Slant or own one tell me how they would compare to Revelations? Will I gain much stiffness? Is it easy to adjust the travel? It's for my 26" Mega TR so will need dropping to 140mm.

minty

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • Don't be a...
Re: X Fusion Slant
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2014, 15:48 »
Interesting why you would ask this! Suppose che king doesnt hurt but X Fusion should be known as stiff forks like RS I suppose. I have found my 32mm Velvets to be more than stiff enough for me and I'm no reallightweight! If I were pudhing them mega hard then I'd probably be wanting the slants. Apparently they best work 160mm + and have good compression set dampening meaning they sit uphigh in travel and are very progressive ime. Not that I've needed to change travel  but it does sound relativelyfiddle free.

Oh and somewhere was doing them at 35 odd % off a new set online making them a bloomin ultra bargain.

« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2014, 15:54 by minty »
''hey - I'm curious.... the girl in your avaatar - who is it?  recognise her but can't put my finger in it...''

Stevie_C

• Senior
    • Black Canon Collective
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2014, 17:38 »
Thanks. I don't think I could run them at 160mm, my bike is ok with a 160 fork but because the Slants are 650b they are around 10mm longer for the same travel. 
The only thing putting me off a little is that I was told by an X-Fusion rep that doing a DIY lower lube and seal service invalidates the warranty so i would have to send them away three times a year to be done professionally. But at the price CRC are selling them I could live with not having a warranty.

minty

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • Don't be a...
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2014, 18:29 »
First I've heard about that warranty/servicing t&c! I doubt an extra 10mm will make much difference to geo.

What frame is it?

''hey - I'm curious.... the girl in your avaatar - who is it?  recognise her but can't put my finger in it...''

Stevie_C

• Senior
    • Black Canon Collective
« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2014, 18:41 »
Nukeproof Mega TR 26". I'm running a 150mm Revelation at the moment so a 160mm Slant will be 20mm longer.

minty

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • Don't be a...
« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2014, 19:43 »
So slacken it by a degree and a bit then!

JonnyJJ83

« Reply #6 on: Dec 08, 2014, 11:09 »
Thanks. I don't think I could run them at 160mm, my bike is ok with a 160 fork but because the Slants are 650b they are around 10mm longer for the same travel.
The only thing putting me off a little is that I was told by an X-Fusion rep that doing a DIY lower lube and seal service invalidates the warranty so i would have to send them away three times a year to be done professionally. But at the price CRC are selling them I could live with not having a warranty.

Slants are a 26" fork , its the Xfusion Sweep that is 650b

minty

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • Don't be a...
« Reply #7 on: Dec 08, 2014, 15:47 »
I knew somethimg sounded fishy. Are the slants deffo not 650 b future proof? Sure my 140mm velvets are. But again sounds like your right that sweeps are 650b only as there are 2x different 160mm fork models. Maybe get some METRIC HLR instead haha!
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2014, 17:29 by [Al] »

© 2019 Ride It Out