Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Megavalanche Questions  (Read 2004 times)

DaveM

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • Do I Make My Self Clear!!
Megavalanche Questions
« on: Jun 19, 2014, 15:09 »
hi guys,

I'm sure these questions come up every year but here we go....

I'm looking into doing the mega next year, I have a place to stay, i'm just struggling to find the actual cost of entering... I was hoping to get there the Thursday before, so I can practice Thursday, qualify Friday then race, I've found on the mega website the lift pass is 23euro for 4 days, but what is the actual cost of entry?

secondly do i need the medical form and licence at time of entry?

any info people can give the better, just putting costs together.

Thanks guys

Dave

KRON

• Yeah for it!!!
Re: Megavalanche Questions
« Reply #1 on: Jun 19, 2014, 15:32 »
Price varies year to year and also what level of ticket you buy and duration of the lift pass.

The cheapest option this year was the 4 day lift pass and race entry which was 82euro. Sign up here: http://www.engage-sports.com/

As for medical and race licence, you can go down this route, but you don't have to, it's additional expense really, I've just purchased additional 'insurance' when signing up 20euro or order online http://www.megavalanche-shop.com/megavalanche/en/home/179-multisport-assur-competition-ucc.html

Getting to ADH can be a pain, transfers are expensive, cheaper to get a group together and rent a van in the UK.

The first time I did the Mega was when I was living in the UK, drove to LGW, flew out on BA Club Europe (no baggage allowance worked cheaper to fly with bikes than easy jet) then rented a car from GVA and stayed in a hotel. It wasn't a cheap week at all.

2nd time I did it, we got a group together, rented a van, did 1 week in Morzine and 4 days in Alpe d'Huez.

Since I moved to France I've not entered! I might go this year as I have mates who are running a chalet and said I can stay for free, but I don't fancy doing it on a DH bike.

DaveM

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • Do I Make My Self Clear!!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 19, 2014, 15:52 »
That's great thanks mate, I've got free accom as the mrs parents have an apartment in les deux alps so only a short ish drive to alpe d herz , that's good you can avoid te race licence and medical, saves some cost!

looking at driving down in my car with a mate and splitting the cost.

cheers buddy :)
dave

Yidwann

• Immortal
  • God Like!
    • Still Under Construction
« Reply #3 on: Jun 20, 2014, 13:39 »
Dave, you should be doing it this year, but yeah we are going down in the Van, take all the bikes then, DH and Trail! To be honest, I think doing the race will be easier than trying to get entered, it was a nightmare, I think I paid about 120 euros though in the end and have a 8 day lift pass.... 2 weeks to go, getting excited/apprehensive now!

dudders

• the-management.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: Jun 20, 2014, 22:09 »
Looking forward to stepping out of the vehicle in front of our chalet.  Partly coz it'll be great to be there again, but also it'll be the end of a damn long drive!  They should have the new Alpettes track finished now, so that's something else to ride.

I reckon the Mega insurance mentioned above is only for the race, not for the rest of your riding up there.  Could be wrong, but can't get any solid information out of their website, which is pretty much in line with the general hair-tearing experience we all have of trying to book a place on the Mega.

But... 120 euros for 8 days of uplift on at least 7 lifts covering loads of different tracks AND 2 race entries has to be the best value of anything anywhere...  And one guy in my group who's not doing the race got the week of uplifts for £29!
« Last Edit: Jun 20, 2014, 22:15 by dudders »

© 2013 Ride It Out