Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Important statement about Rhyd y Felin (Bala)  (Read 18433 times)

Gary B

• Junior
  • SDH Rocks!
Important statement about Rhyd y Felin (Bala)
« on: Feb 18, 2009, 17:20 »
Tilhill have drawn our attention to the unauthorised use of the tracks at Rhyd-y-Felin, Forest Rangers came across riders using the downhill course last weekend.  The owner’s sole interest in the woodland is to produce timber, but providing mountain biking causes no problems they permit its use only for authorised events. If riders continue to disregard this request not to ride there and it becomes a liability for the owners, then permission for its use as a race venue will be withdrawn and the track destroyed with immediate effect.

We could lose the use of this venue due to the inconsiderate few who choose to ignore the restrictions imposed by the owners via Tilhill.

http://www.pearcecycles.co.uk/important_statement_about_rhyd_y_felin

tommybananajohnson
Re: Important statement about Rhyd y Felin (Bala)
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2009, 19:29 »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( why can't people leave it until the races?? or at the very lease try and get permission from the land owner? not trying to have a go at who ever was caught there, but it could loose the venue permanently, and no-one wants that. i rode it ages ago when it was privately owned as a friend knew the farmer, and we got permission. but now its owned by a company, their only concern is getting sued for people injuring themselves (look at what nearly happened at caersws a few months back) i only hope this doesn't mean they really do flatten Bala, because its an awesome race venue  :'(

joeturnerrfx

• God Like!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2009, 20:03 »
just want to point something out , but those off us who race are only a minority compaired to every one that dh's , so maybee the people that have been caught there riding dont know about the rules ect . if the riders that got caught there do know then fair play

joe
www.mountainbikingschool.co.uk - check it out !

www.slikgraphics.com   .....you gota pin it to win it !

Col @ FLi

• FLi Distribution / www.mtb-direct.co.uk
  • MTB Company
  • God Like!
  • DH Rocks!
    • http://www.flidistribution.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2009, 22:05 »
loads of people ride there, I can name at least 30 people who race regularly, who know they shouldn't be there, who ride there.

Its bad news, and even though some of them are good friends, I still think anyone who rides there should be banned, from everything.

the new FLi Distribution is here - shop with us, and the order is passed to your local dealer to supply.

joeturnerrfx

• God Like!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2009, 00:20 »
thats probs a good idea to ban them from a race series ? with out a refund , maybee that would keep the racers at bay .
www.mountainbikingschool.co.uk - check it out !

www.slikgraphics.com   .....you gota pin it to win it !

The_Night_Sheep

• Senior
  • A.K.A. Wiggy
« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2009, 07:15 »
Are there signs up saying you cant ride outside of race days? I can't recall seeing any but still i think its quite well known that you cant ride there. At least i thought it was!
Team GiantPonyKrisis

tommybananajohnson
« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2009, 11:10 »
I'm sure there are signs about it being private land etc, and there are notices about how dangerous tree felling is. they all make it pretty obvious that its not open to the public. also, all the people who i know who ride it (not at the moment anyway) DO know its private land, but this is not a real deterrent. I'm not in any way saying it is OK, but people don't seem to take the loss of the venue seriously enough.

James13

• God Like!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 09, 2009, 23:45 »
thats probs a good idea to ban them from a race series ? with out a refund , maybee that would keep the racers at bay .

if they were immediately banned with no refunds then they may just have even more insentive to carry on riding there and ruin it for everyone (with the attitude, if i cant race, then no-one will)

[Orge]

• Global Moderator
  • God Like!
  • "We can't stop here - this is bat country!!"
    • Ninjas are mammals
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 21:20 »
Caught uplifting a dragon track used to be a £250 fine or banned from all Dragons for 1 year.

Orge.
Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour

itsabeautifulnight

• Junior
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009, 18:43 »
this would be a real shame, as i only rode there once ( at a race) and loved it. I thought it was one of the best dh tracks ive ridden, and hopefully i'll get to ride it again...

motorcrosser12

• DH 4 EVER!
« Reply #10 on: Jun 27, 2010, 12:49 »
I have only ridden once there and i loved it! I would love to go again but if they close it i will be quite annoyed and i am sure others of u will be! Well who ever it was i just hope they didn't know they weren't aloud up there  :-\ They should have a big sign just b4 the hill saying "Private land, trespassers will be prosecuted!"
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2010, 17:51 by motorcrosser12 »
B.f.carter

motocrosser12

• My pinkbike Profile: http://motorcrosser12.pinkbike.com/
« Reply #11 on: Dec 29, 2010, 18:19 »
Is the track still there? Or has it been destroyed? I haven't heard anything about Bala for a long time now, so i was just wondering if they have closed the track for ever :(

Please reply.
B.f.Carter

steveh

• Racer and commentator
« Reply #12 on: Dec 29, 2010, 18:40 »
Pearce still use it as a race venue once a year and last year they also ran several uplifts over the year. Keep an eye on their website for uplift dates if you want to go back. It's still out of bounds outside races and uplifts.

© 2019 Ride It Out