Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: BUCS DH Champs 2014  (Read 31632 times)

huckybain

• Skids aren't for kids
Re: BUCS DH Champs 2014
« Reply #45 on: Jan 27, 2014, 20:24 »

If you look at the number entrants for inners sda so far though... you'd realise my point.

Either way. This is all taking the piss, and needs to be sorted somehow.

Ah fair point, there isn't many entered at the moment. Hope it doesn't stay that way!

I thought it was going to be 3rd time lucky, but not looking so much like that now.
Only waiting for the "BUCS will be held next weekend in Morzine" announcement now

kev-roberts

• Junior
« Reply #46 on: Jan 31, 2014, 14:13 »
Any news on this yet?! It's been another week and no updates.
North Wales -- Giant Glory/Ragley Bagger

mlean1994

« Reply #47 on: Feb 02, 2014, 16:06 »
Can't believe this still hasn't been sorted...

davecamus

« Reply #48 on: Feb 03, 2014, 18:54 »
I can....

platt55

« Reply #49 on: Feb 04, 2014, 12:22 »
Any updates Paddy? Or a date that we can expect an update?

PaddyHill

« Reply #50 on: Feb 05, 2014, 18:50 »
I have tried to get the Champs up and running for Dunkeld for the 15-16th March (FC permission has been granted- camping sorted ) but being unable to secure uplift means that this will now not be possible - both Dundee and Edinburgh Uni's were both willing to help out as well just to make this happen.
Next step is now to discuss with Chris Roberts an alternative date and possible venue - again I will push to make this happen in Scotland. 
Although BUCS have given reasons for how this situation has arisen I could perhaps detail a more accurate line of events - what they detail was perhaps relevant a few years ago - but rather than dwell on what's not be done and the hours that I have spent already on this lets move on. 

kev-roberts

• Junior
« Reply #51 on: Feb 10, 2014, 18:07 »
So after 7 messages unrelieved (4 emails and 3 Facebook messages) I finally received this just now:

'Hi Kev,

We are aware that clubs need this information as soon as possible and
once confirmed we will use all the usual BUCS media channels to
publicise the event. There will be a minimum of 8 weeks notice.

Thanks.'

So this takes us to at least the first weekend in April, which is (for Bangor) the start of the easter break. any later than this and we're pretty much straight in to exams when we get back.

Absolute joke of on 'organisation' (If you can actually call it that.)

[Orge]

• Global Moderator
  • God Like!
  • "We can't stop here - this is bat country!!"
    • Ninjas are mammals
« Reply #52 on: Feb 12, 2014, 10:16 »
Once again - thanks to Paddy for taking the time to put the up to date information on this board. Awesome to see you were gunning for it to be at Dunkeld again, that would have been excellent. A shame it didn't work out.
Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour

kev-roberts

• Junior
« Reply #53 on: Feb 13, 2014, 15:06 »
Once again - thanks to Paddy for taking the time to put the up to date information on this board. Awesome to see you were gunning for it to be at Dunkeld again, that would have been excellent. A shame it didn't work out.
don't get me wrong, I think Paddy does an excellent job. Its just a shame BUCS don't have the willingness/competency to match.

slimeboy

« Reply #54 on: Feb 13, 2014, 18:14 »
You are such an angry child.

platt55

« Reply #55 on: Feb 20, 2014, 12:55 »
don't get me wrong, I think Paddy does an excellent job. Its just a shame BUCS don't have the willingness/competency to match.

Well said.

Whilst we all appreciate the work Paddy does for this event, if there is going to be an 8 week notice period then something needs to be announced sharpish (even if it is just the date). It will already be dangerously close to exams.

Will of Fortune

• SDH rocks!
« Reply #56 on: Feb 20, 2014, 17:19 »
Maybe a little post on the main BUCS facebook page in view of the public might offer up some kind of useful response? 

kev-roberts

• Junior
« Reply #57 on: Feb 21, 2014, 00:45 »
Maybe a little post on the main BUCS facebook page in view of the public might offer up some kind of useful response?
tried that, they usually get ignored, they're also not too good with replying to facebook messages and emails. I think they have to accept the post for it to be published (the last posts from other peopler were back in October.)
« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2014, 00:47 by kev-roberts »

laza10

• Junior
« Reply #58 on: Feb 26, 2014, 10:07 »
Anymore news? The original date is fast approaching and I can see us bring in the same situation as Rheola BUCS and the date and venue changing a week before the original date....

kev-roberts

• Junior
« Reply #59 on: Mar 02, 2014, 21:59 »
another 1/2 week goes by with no update once again?

© 2013 Ride It Out