Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: newbie questions (bikes etc)  (Read 2853 times)

exeterbmx

newbie questions (bikes etc)
« on: May 23, 2013, 12:00 »
hi, sorry if this is in the wrong place but I could not find anywhere else to post.
Looking for help and advice as new to 4x so please be patient :)
I ride/race bmx but am looking at getting into 4x as well as it seems more of my bmx skills would transfer across (or lack of them)
I have never even owned a mtb so know nothing of the sizing etc as it seems they size them different to bmx.
I am 6'2" lanky legs and arms and currently ride a pro xxl bmx 21.7 tt
What size bike would you guys recommend? Also being on a tight budget and not wanting to throw shed loads of cash at a sport I might not take to I was looking at the 2nd hand market at something fairly basic to start but what bikes are good bike to start on? I have seen a few that state they are 4x bikes but to be honest I wouldn't trust them hoping off a kerb!!!
Any info on sites, forums clubs etc would be greatly appreciated as I am hoping to get to try a race sometime in the very near future (around uni commitments)
thanks

nwmlarge

• Senior
  • Specialized DEMO
Re: newbie questions (bikes etc)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 15:10 »
try to get a ride on an identiti krisis i'm of similar proportions to you and i get on fine with mine.

where are you based? getting to a race and chatting to the lads would help with trying a couple of bikes for size

exeterbmx

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 19:28 »
thanks for the reply. I am in sw (Exeter)
I will have a look at the identiti.

nwmlarge

• Senior
  • Specialized DEMO

monkeymoped

• whos up or a monkey knife fight??????
« Reply #4 on: Jun 19, 2013, 23:44 »
Try looking at the dmr omen
i'm the other way ride 4x at harthill near chester alot and now want to transfer over to bmx racing so got a redline flight pro xl and want to do a couple of manchester bmx club racesthen maybe a couple of regionals
10 to 1 in the monkey knife fight

© 2019 Ride It Out