Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Last rounds bc points  (Read 4803 times)

Brettw41

• Ride It Out
Last rounds bc points
« on: May 20, 2013, 22:04 »
Just noticed it was bc points race but there is no update on the bc website. Just wondered what was going on cheers

Stevie_C

• Senior
    • Black Canon Collective
Re: Last rounds bc points
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 21:54 »
I just got this reply from the BC.

Dear Steve

UK Bikepark did not register this race for insurance purposes or ranking points with us therefore there will not be any points added for this event.

Kind regards

So because UKBP can't run a race properly I wasted a day. It was the worst run event I have ever been to. I only stayed in the hope of getting a few points. After previous races at UKBP I knew it wouldn't be great but maybe worth it just for the points.
There were plenty of excuses on the day about BC messing everything up for them. Back to racing at FoD I guess. Shame, it would be nice to have a good local race venue.

Uk Bike Park

• UkBikepark
  • Senior
  • The best place to ride in the south.........
    • www.ukbikepark.com
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 22:14 »
Err I did register the events with BC way back in Sept 2012!!!!

Thanks for your support :-) makes all the toll, sweat, late nights and stress worth it..... best just close the feckin place!

See below!!!

Hi Paul,

The calendar for 2013 is getting very busy, but as you have submitted dates in time, I’ve tried to keep them as clear as possible.  For me to be able to do this, I have to ask other organisers to consider alternative dates.  Are you able to 100% commit to the dates listed below?  If there’s any change, please let me know so that I can free some dates up.

28th April              UK Bikepark (Race at Forest of Dean declined, as you requested the date first)
26th May               Southern Series
23rd June              Southern Series
8th September   Southern Series (Race at Forest of Dean declined, as you requested the date first)
13th October       UK Bikepark (Southern Champs requested)

Regards
Roger Wilbraham
Event Development Officer - BMX - Downhill - 4X

rich marzetti

• spotty dog
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 07:36 »
A few more of the old crew coming up this weekend! To help Paul make it a cracking race on what's gonna be a good track!! Can't wait.... Weather looking good too!

ScottFitz

• QECP Trail Colletive & Stoughton DH
    • Trail Build and Racing @ Queen Elizabeth Country Park in Hampshire.
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 07:57 »
I just got this reply from the BC.

Dear Steve

UK Bikepark did not register this race for insurance purposes or ranking points with us therefore there will not be any points added for this event.

Kind regards

So because UKBP can't run a race properly I wasted a day. It was the worst run event I have ever been to. I only stayed in the hope of getting a few points. After previous races at UKBP I knew it wouldn't be great but maybe worth it just for the points.
There were plenty of excuses on the day about BC messing everything up for them. Back to racing at FoD I guess. Shame, it would be nice to have a good local race venue.
I Really liked round 1, i was racing for fun not points so i not bothered really. Shame i can't make round 2 as we are finish the track for the Gravity project race at QECP the following weekend.

Anyway i will try and get to round 3.

jake-snake

• God Like!
  • Ride hard or hard die trying
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 08:48 »
whats the 8Th wonder of the world?

why dose anyone give a f**k about points ;)
aaaaaaaaah

MEGA HOBO

• Senior
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 11:05 »
I'm sorry if I'm wrong but I am guessing this is your race history http://www.rootsandrain.com/rider30900/steve-corner/results/

If it is you seriously need to stop worrying about points my friend and just ride to have fun

Stevie_C

• Senior
    • Black Canon Collective
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 20:26 »
According to BC the event was never registered properly with them and wasn't properly insured which is why they won't be giving riders points.
It could have been a good day. UK Bike Park has some good trails, if one of them had been used instead of using that awful link up that looked like it had been hacked out in five minutes and not bedded in. The complete lack of marshals was a bit of a joke but worst of all and completely inexcusable was that they played Genesis over the PA at the start.
I wanted points because I have been offered a little sponsorship if I get a certain number of points. My results so far are useless because at the start of the year I was extremely unfit and crashed a lot, now I'm fit, stay on and ride faster. I just couldn't get motivated to ride at the UKBP race.

ScottFitz

• QECP Trail Colletive & Stoughton DH
    • Trail Build and Racing @ Queen Elizabeth Country Park in Hampshire.
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 09:30 »
Oh i see what you are doing steve  ;) http://www.rootsandrain.com/compare.html?i=31690x30900 Best of 3?   :P

Brettw41

• Ride It Out
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2013, 15:36 »
After an awesome race yday was that bc points.

© 2019 Ride It Out