Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Round 3 Cwmcarn Sept 8th 9th  (Read 3310 times)

jase@wdmba.co.uk

• Junior
    • WDMBA
Round 3 Cwmcarn Sept 8th 9th
« on: Aug 08, 2012, 16:09 »
News Flash! Round 3 Is at Cwmcarn. September 8th and 9th

After months of negotiating with the various authorities we are very happy to announce that round 3 of the WDMBA 2012 series will be held at Cwmcarn.

Please please please book as early as you can, because we have had a limit of 200 riders agreed for the event to go ahead. If we meet this capacity, we will not be able to "squeeze people" in.

There hasn't been a Downhill race at Cwmcarn since the Dragon Downhill event in 2008. We are sure that people will be looking forward to racing this one.

The link to entries should be up tonight.

Jase

MEGA HOBO

• Senior
Re: Round 3 Cwmcarn Sept 8th 9th
« Reply #1 on: Aug 09, 2012, 10:26 »
What kind of up lift system will be running ?

jase@wdmba.co.uk

• Junior
    • WDMBA
« Reply #2 on: Aug 09, 2012, 13:17 »
We will be using our coaches, where the bikes go in the back half with padding in between each bike. Cwmdown's uplift system will be utilised as well.

[Al]

• Server Monkey
  • Site Admin
  • God Like!
  • Tweaking required.
    • Southerndownhill.com
« Reply #3 on: Sep 04, 2012, 15:40 »
If you had not seen on Facebook, this event has been cancelled due to lack of entries :(
Ride fast, take chances. Just don't blame me when you fall off.

bren2709

• Senior
« Reply #4 on: Sep 05, 2012, 08:37 »
Poor communication with other race organisers,
SDA running @ Ae this weekend!
You brake it, I could fix it or
I might know a man that can!

mcroy

• SDH Rocks!
« Reply #5 on: Sep 09, 2012, 00:52 »
Eh? SDA in Sotland and WDMBA in South Wales.... Am i missing something here or what?

bren2709

• Senior
« Reply #6 on: Sep 10, 2012, 18:07 »
Eh? SDA in Sotland and WDMBA in South Wales.... Am i missing something here or what?

Scotland.
Oh and do those who enter not travel to these events?

Also organising or confirming venue and date at short notice won't help either!
Only reason I mention this is due to booked uplift at Cwmcarn being cancelled to accommodate your event, which messed our weekend away up!

[Orge]

• Global Moderator
  • God Like!
  • "We can't stop here - this is bat country!!"
    • Ninjas are mammals
« Reply #7 on: Sep 10, 2012, 20:55 »

Scotland.

Only reason I mention this is due to booked uplift at Cwmcarn being cancelled to accommodate your event, which messed our weekend away up!

People do travel but this event was limited to 200, plenty of nearby people should hopefully have been able to fill it up, the SDA shouldn't have been an issue.

Bit unfair blaming the WDMBA for your uplift weekend at Cwmcarn being a no-go isn't it!? Not really their fault they didn't get the entries in on time to confirm the race.

Why not go to Revolution or the other new North Wales venue, FoD or rent yourselves a van for the weekend and do some exploring? Plenty of other options available.
Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour

bren2709

• Senior
« Reply #8 on: Sep 11, 2012, 07:53 »

Scotland.

People do travel but this event was limited to 200, plenty of nearby people should hopefully have been able to fill it up, the SDA shouldn't have been an issue.

Bit unfair blaming the WDMBA for your uplift weekend at Cwmcarn being a no-go isn't it!? Not really their fault they didn't get the entries in on time to confirm the race.

Why not go to Revolution or the other new North Wales venue, FoD or rent yourselves a van for the weekend and do some exploring? Plenty of other options available.

We had accommodation sorted in Breacon, uplift sorted for FoD and Cwmcarn all paid for!
Only to find out that uplifts for that weekend had been cancelled at short notice.

Not all bad, good weekend was had in Fort William!

© 2013 Ride It Out