Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: F1 2013 Season  (Read 7330 times)

[Al]

• Server Monkey
  • Site Admin
  • God Like!
  • Tweaking required.
    • Southerndownhill.com
Re: F1 2013 Season
« Reply #15 on: Mar 15, 2013, 16:26 »
Maybe we should start a Ride.io pool on Superbru? (Superbru.com/f1 if you dont know).
Ride fast, take chances. Just don't blame me when you fall off.

henreque

• Senior
  • I traded dirt for snow.
« Reply #16 on: Apr 08, 2013, 12:33 »
Mixed start to the season - looks like Vettel's still a hot head!

Also, Ron Howard's film about Lauda/Hunt is out this September:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9igiKOCh5Wg
Richard Mallinson...1937-2010 I'll never forget.
http://www.mercedes-amg-f1.com

[Orge]

• Global Moderator
  • God Like!
  • "We can't stop here - this is bat country!!"
    • Ninjas are mammals
« Reply #17 on: Apr 08, 2013, 20:14 »
Mixed start to the season - looks like Vettel's still a hot head!

True.

Hoping it isn't another RB/Vettel runaway, last year was interesting until towards the end! It's not that I don't respect a team for being better than everyone else, that's impressive. It's mainly his jumped up attitude of how awesome he clearly thinks he is, I just quite want him to do terribly and not be able to explain it.

Plus, you know, I needed a post in this thread so it shows up on my replies button...
Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour

chrissyh_1988

• Senior
« Reply #18 on: Apr 09, 2013, 22:51 »
I really hope McLaren sort their car out soon, JB's clearly trying to get the most out of it but Perez is probably showing the cars real pace... he's been really slow the first couple of races.

As for Vettel in Malaysia, the guy really is a idiot. A good driver he may be but I don't know If he has enough respect for the other good drivers on the grid. If he can't get his own way he just throws all his toys out of the pram and acts like a complete moron.

Alex @ Racersguild

• God Like!
  • Bike Geek
    • The country's finest free timed practice series
« Reply #19 on: Apr 10, 2013, 09:21 »
Yeah, at least Hamilton had the good grace to respect his team-mate's feelings about the finishing order.

chodjinn

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • Old Skool Cool
« Reply #20 on: Apr 11, 2013, 12:56 »
I really hope McLaren sort their car out soon, JB's clearly trying to get the most out of it but Perez is probably showing the cars real pace... he's been really slow the first couple of races.

As for Vettel in Malaysia, the guy really is a idiot. A good driver he may be but I don't know If he has enough respect for the other good drivers on the grid. If he can't get his own way he just throws all his toys out of the pram and acts like a complete moron.

Indeed!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22106490

So, completely back tracks on what the RB/Horner and himself have been saying in the last 3 wks.  He blatantly does not care about the team, it's all about him.
Hahahaha what a complete nutsack!

chrissyh_1988

• Senior
« Reply #21 on: Apr 15, 2013, 21:23 »

Indeed!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22106490

So, completely back tracks on what the RB/Horner and himself have been saying in the last 3 wks.  He blatantly does not care about the team, it's all about him.

Lol, I hate that little smile he does when the journalist suggests he is in charge of the team. That's blatantly what he thinks it should be like...

Alex @ Racersguild

• God Like!
  • Bike Geek
« Reply #22 on: Apr 15, 2013, 23:46 »
I get the feeling that Horner is bored of him...

Marshall

• Senior
    • Isle of Man Downhill
« Reply #23 on: Apr 16, 2013, 11:12 »
I'm certainly bored of him.  Also please please please keep Chandhok away from the Skypad, it's just too painful to watch....

scott_c

« Reply #24 on: Apr 17, 2013, 10:38 »
I get the feeling that Horner is bored of him...

I can't imagine Dr. Marko is.

It would be nice to see his season go wrong for a change. Couple of breakdowns, taken out in the first corner, that sort of thing. See how quickly he denounces everything around him when he doesn't get his way. I've a feeling he might not be the consummate professional he comes across as - like Hamilton, and if you recall a few seasons ago, Alonso, seems prone to throwing his toys out of the pram when it goes south.

One of the better rumours the other day, which was apparently announced over the tannoy at Silverstone during the WEC race was that Webber had signed to Porsche from next year to do Le Mans. Porsche have denied it though, and it hasn't appeared on the BBC under the guise of "Eddie Jordan says something that sounds laughable but 4 months later turns out to be inexplicably true", so maybe its false.

[Orge]

• Global Moderator
  • God Like!
  • "We can't stop here - this is bat country!!"
    • Ninjas are mammals
« Reply #25 on: Apr 17, 2013, 11:28 »
When I saw the shot of that wheel-less Red Bull going across the track I was hoping it was Vettel, but it always seems to be the way that he gets away with it and it turns out to be Mark. Would be good to have Vettel properly on the back foot mid-season, break downs, taken out 1st turn - I completely agree with you. Firstly I'd wager he isn't the consummate professional and second it would make for much better racing anyway.
Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour

Alex @ Racersguild

• God Like!
  • Bike Geek
« Reply #26 on: Apr 17, 2013, 11:31 »
Every time Mark's car goes wrong whilst Seb's works perfectly, I can't help but think "deliberate?"

Marshall

• Senior
    • Isle of Man Downhill
« Reply #27 on: Apr 17, 2013, 12:51 »
It's like the last race of the last season, if it had been anyone else shunted around at the start they would have been out.   :(

henreque

• Senior
  • I traded dirt for snow.
« Reply #28 on: Apr 17, 2013, 16:57 »
Here's some controversial misogyny in the mix from one Sterling Moss:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22083547

This tyres are really gonna piss me off this season I reckon haha. Trying to keep up with that on Sunday was ridiculous!

I really want to see Alonso win a DC at Ferrari, not sure I want it to be this year but I'd like to see it happen. He's such a don in my eyes. So professional and mature, to think he's been in F1 for as long as he has is mental - compare his winning days at Renault (and age consideration) to that of Vettel now - even then Alonso had some greater level of maturity about him.

But then isn't Vettel just going to me Schumacher MKII? Spoil the German for his talent, turn him into a monster....deja vu anyone?
Richard Mallinson...1937-2010 I'll never forget.
http://www.mercedes-amg-f1.com

© 2019 Ride It Out