Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Scottish Downhill Association - This is how we roll  (Read 8192 times)

Squirrelking

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • Once shot for impersonating a descent-world guru
Re: Scottish Downhill Association - This is how we roll
« Reply #15 on: Jan 23, 2013, 22:51 »
Are the SDA races suitable for extremely average riders, or are they aimed at the more competitive amongst us? This is my first year of committing to racing, so I'm not a particularly fast rider. Looking to enter a couple of your races this year but don't want to be way out of my depth...

If you're "extremely average" you'll be doing better than my usual standard of shite.

Always good fun, been missing them over the last few years but just not had the time to get out on the bike never mind get good enough to get down a hill again.  :'(

Dave - how much (I dread to ask) are entries?
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2013, 22:53 by Squirrelking »

Betsie

• Senior
« Reply #16 on: Jan 23, 2013, 23:18 »
Before entries go live, is there any chance that Rd 5 @ FW could be moved to the w/e before or after?

It currently clashes with the last round of UK Gravity Enduro and from past years there’s a lot of riders who like to do both series.

Sorry no can do, we have to book Fort William a year in advance; Perhaps we could persuade SP to have his last round at Fort William  :'(

Now that would make for an amazing weekend.
Fort Bill has some true Enduro trails.
Team Ticket2ridebc.com www.Descent-gear.com

skintdad

• Junior
« Reply #17 on: Jan 24, 2013, 08:46 »
Dave - how much (I dread to ask) are entries?

SK, We are going to 'discount' early entrants on the BC entry system to encourage riders to sign up early.  Can't say too much ATM but the cost will be in line with 2012 prices, those who leave it til the last minute or turn up on the day will be asked to pay a little more (they currently pay £5 more for a day entry anyway.

The main reason is that we have to confirm uplifts etc (our biggest outlay) a month or so before the race date; the same applies in ordering toilets, skips etc.  Last year was a nightmare as riders left it to the last minute to book on to races and it cost us dearly.  We are going to trial other practices this year so that we can continue to make improvements and get more bang for our/your buck.

More info very soon.  Cheers

« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2013, 09:00 by skintdad »

skintdad

• Junior
« Reply #18 on: Jan 24, 2013, 08:52 »
Now that would make for an amazing weekend.
Fort Bill has some true Enduro trails.

Can you imagine; 3 day event Fri pm to Sun Eve (no horses) and a mixture of Enduro and DH practice and racing.  That would sort the men from the boys and, obviously,  the ladies from the girls.

Where's SP's number  ;) 

skintdad

• Junior
« Reply #19 on: Feb 22, 2013, 11:55 »
New from the recent Committee Meeting troops:
Rules change on body armour;
Juniors, Youths, Juveniles and Females under the age of 18 - no change (full faced helmet, spine protector, elbow, knee pads and gloves.
Seniors, Masters. Vets, Females (over 18) Expert and Elite; mandatory Full faced Helmet, any other protection (including gloves) will be optional although the SDA will always recommend w...earing spine, elbow, knee protection and gloves.
We've listened to you, but we have a 'care of duty' for younger individuals and will not change the rules for categories Junior and below and anyone under the age of 18. If weather conditions are such that the wearing of gloves becomes a safety issue (ie loss of grip) then the Chf Comm will decide if this rule can be relaxed.
As a parent who's son shattered his elbow whilst riding without elbow pads and has lost 35% movement in his elbow, please remember this is a dangerous sport; don't cut corners with safety. Laters

© 2019 Ride It Out