Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Retorn ACL...  (Read 2431 times)

joshleb

• Senior
Retorn ACL...
« on: Sep 25, 2012, 15:02 »
Anybody retorn theirs after reconstruction?

Had mine reconstructed June '11, now think I may have made it go again.

What symptons you have on retear?

Mine swelled up a lot on Saturday, but now its going down, and it doesn't feel loose, but it pains to extend it/bend it a lot

Cheers

jarb88

• Junior
Re: Retorn ACL...
« Reply #1 on: Sep 25, 2012, 20:35 »
Not re-torn it but definitely had some grinding and clicking inside.

Did you do something to injure it or has it just started to hurt randomly? I would say that if you cannot straighten or bend it without pain, then its worth getting it checked out by the docs or physio.

On a side note, I have recently damaged my ACL on my other leg, gotta wait til next week for an MRI.....sigh.....

joshleb

• Senior
« Reply #2 on: Sep 26, 2012, 16:48 »
Dicking about on an office chair going down a hill when I tried to jump off it felt s**t loads of pain.

Going to book an appointment with physio tomorrow if I have the time.

Swellings gone down now, but still aches a bit and doesn't feel quite "normal"

elmo20

« Reply #3 on: Sep 26, 2012, 17:34 »
I had mine done 3 years ago and then had a crash last May. Thought it was retorn but the GP couldn't see/feel anything untoward so sent me home and told to ice it. Went down pretty soon but when I dislocated my ankle in June they did an MRI on my leg to check the ACL, it was still intact but I had a chunk of bone pushed into my femur which may have happened when I crashed in September. If you can get an X-ray or MRI do, but it may just be a nasty tweak/sprain. Could also have done something to the cartilage but I hope not, it sucks.

joshleb

• Senior
« Reply #4 on: Oct 05, 2012, 19:34 »
Saw physio yesterday and he said it felt ok strength wise, just may have damaged a little bit of cartilage a bit more, so thats good news then.

© 2019 Ride It Out