Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hip pain whilst cycling.  (Read 1984 times)

broken bike

• Senior
  • sam
Hip pain whilst cycling.
« on: Jul 21, 2012, 10:18 »
Alright chaps, hoping someone may be able to help me out with this one.

Whilst cycling (more so on the road bike than the mountain bike) I get quite bad pain in my left hip. It's caused by pushing down hard on the pedals (i.e. sprinting up a climb). I do get some discomfort in my knee as well but this rarely gets painful. I run spd's and have recently adjusted the cleats which had improved things slightly however I have run out of adjustment (if I turn my cleat any more my foot will catch the chainstay).

I have noticed that my toes point outward whilst standing/walking. I think that this may be the cause but I'm not really sure what to do next.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Sam

Rob.

• God Like!
Re: Hip pain whilst cycling.
« Reply #1 on: Jul 22, 2012, 17:24 »
There are probably a lot of things that can cause this.

I did have a similar pain that caused by the ball of my toe being undersupported by my shimano spd shoes, a set of specialized (brand, not literal) shoe wedges fixed me right up. If you feel like the inside (or outside) of your foot is sitting too low in your shoes this could be something to look into.

broken bike

• Senior
  • sam
Re: Hip pain whilst cycling.
« Reply #2 on: Jul 22, 2012, 19:06 »
May be. I am using Soecialized shoes however they are old and don't offer a great deal of support. I may try using my other shoes on the road bike to see if this helps.

© 2019 Ride It Out