Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: whistler doctors cost?  (Read 3205 times)

adamDowner

whistler doctors cost?
« on: Jun 02, 2012, 18:09 »
hey guys, i'm in whistler for the summer and about a week ago i crashed pretty hard (i'm a heavy guy so almost every crash comes down hard) and smashed my chest into my bars and my shoulder/upper arm into the ground. at first i couldn't lift my arm without massive pain but that has subsided a bit but i still can't move it properly or lift it above my head. also my chest hurts when i move it or breathe sharply or deeply and hasn't really got any better. anyway my real question is has anyone had to go to a doctor in whistler and how much did it cost? i am a little worried about it and would like to get it checked out but don't want to shell out loads of money, obviously i have insurance but i have to pay up front and claim it back.

jarb88

• Junior
Re: whistler doctors cost?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 02, 2012, 20:38 »
Common sense would say just get looked at.....I wouldn't want to take any risks with my health especially when abroad. You could have broken or ruptured something. You have insurance so at least that's a saver.

Yes, its not likely to be cheap...but if you have any long term problems or die from this....that would suck.

http://www.vch.ca/402/7678/?site_id=185

http://www.healthlinkbc.ca/

TimJ

« Reply #2 on: Jun 04, 2012, 11:22 »
A trip to Whistler Health Care Centre last August when my son crashed on our last run of our "one day in Whistler" cost me £1200. He has a broken collar bone and hip. Walked in and out. The sign said $545 just to get seen by a doctor and extra x-rays kept the till ticking over.

I had to pay up front and claim back.

The service at Whistler Health Care Centre was excellent. I would get seen.

Demo_Rider84

« Reply #3 on: Jun 05, 2012, 15:12 »
Got a fractured Elbow at Whistler last year and cost $998 to get it checked out. If you go straight to A+E it's $545 but if you request to see a Doctor like they told me to do it was $125 i think then add on x-rays (had 3 in total) then fracture clinic it soon adds up.

hexhamstu

« Reply #4 on: Aug 01, 2012, 05:55 »
bit late, but for x-rays on my knee and collar bone it cost me $1700

© 2019 Ride It Out