Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Road Gap and Corners  (Read 6599 times)

Marrrrk

• God Like!
Road Gap and Corners
« on: Mar 10, 2012, 17:54 »
Hit a road gap today that i was pretty damn chuffed with! My mate came out to get some photos too:

Pretty happy with these corner ones too, was just trying to get 'rad' out of one corner into the next. Or something...

Tenyearsafter

• Senior
    • My Flickr
Re: Road Gap and Corners
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2012, 19:24 »
First off nice road gap & a tidy bit of photo shop work as well.  As regards the others I like 1 & 3 although the flash is maybe just a tad overdone in 3 but they both convey the action well.

IMO no2 would have been better with the rider to the right of the frame with some of the trail he is about to hit leading off to the left. And without the top of his helmet cut off (ouch!)
Dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Marrrrk

• God Like!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2012, 19:56 »
Yeh he was reluctant to post that one cos of cutting my head off, but it was the most aggressive looking one so i liked it. I'll pass on the tips about the framing, cheers.

Point

• God Like!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2012, 20:26 »
I cant help but feel the flash in No.3 would've been so much better to camera right and not camera left or perhaps even directly infront of the camera...  :/.

Some nice shots though :)

Marrrrk

• God Like!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 13, 2012, 20:51 »
There was one in front of me and one to my left. One with an umbrella... thingy. It was his first time shooting bikes and pretty much the first time using two remote flashes. In fact, he's only been at photography for a few months, it's quite impressive.

Here's his other stuff:

http://500px.com/TCain

Point

• God Like!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 13, 2012, 20:59 »
I guess the flash camera left is just a little too hot then. The shadows on the rider (you?) don't look as visually pleasing.

Will check out his other work.

Marrrrk

• God Like!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 13, 2012, 21:22 »
I guess the flash camera left is just a little too hot then. The shadows on the rider (you?) don't look as visually pleasing.

I'll pass it on. We were experimenting with different powers on the flashes and that. Got another road gap/hip to dig, needs a fix up, but i'm sure it will lead to another photo sesh and i'll post up what we get.

Point

• God Like!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 13, 2012, 21:42 »

I'll pass it on. We were experimenting with different powers on the flashes and that. Got another road gap/hip to dig, needs a fix up, but i'm sure it will lead to another photo sesh and i'll post up what we get.

I'll look forward to it.
I'm by no means a pro, most certainly not at mtb photography, but that's what I'd look at changing is the lighting slightly.

Keep it up though.

Point

Allen

• Senior
« Reply #8 on: Apr 26, 2012, 21:22 »
Mark - email me high res of e first one! Looks better than George.

A

Marrrrk

• God Like!
« Reply #9 on: Apr 28, 2012, 19:12 »
Not hard.... PM me your email addy, facebook will compress it

Allen

• Senior
« Reply #10 on: Apr 28, 2012, 19:13 »
Done.

A