Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Another Excellent Days Racing  (Read 2566 times)

Morphew

Another Excellent Days Racing
« on: Feb 29, 2012, 21:45 »
Well I had fun on Sunday, my third event and I'm starting to feel as if I know what I'm doing. By that I mean I know what I'm doing wrong!!
After my initial prejudice against sheepskull I have to admit that it's grown on me a bit and I enjoyed racing down it, although I could barely stand at the bottom(fitness ::) ). 

Practice was as usual rubbish as it takes me a couple of runs to loosen up and I just sucked towards trees or just off the track!!

My first race run was messy and I lost a fair bit of time at the top, strung the rest of it together, peddled like maniac on the straight mind :laugh:

Second run was going rather well I thought, top section good, nailed the roots and was flying until I had a big smash on the triple jump before the big berms. It hurt quite a lot but both the bike and I are ok so all's good :)

Big thankyou to the organising team and marshals for another well run event and I hope the young lad who required assistance is ok. 

xeo

Re: Another Excellent Days Racing
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2012, 22:59 »

Hey, yup, we also had a good day, although a few extra hours practice would've been nice  ;D

I was also wondering how that rider was doing ?? there were quite a hard stacks thats for sure! I saw the kid in youth set fastest time whilst nailing himself over the laser ! who was that nutter ! haha

magoo37

« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2012, 08:25 »
This was me and my gf's first dh race and we had a ball! Great bunch of people, well organized and beautiful weather, couldnt ask for more!

Neither of us came last which was a bonus and we learned loads during the day (like dont be late for your run ... she missed her 1st run!!) and came away desperate for some more racing
We went back yesterday and rode Sheepskull section by section and both reckon we would have improved our times by loads if we had practiced that way over the weekend ... another lesson learned :-)

The issue now is where to find similar racing locally, no entries left for the Pearce series, no more 661 Mini till next winter so looks like a summer of Racers Guild days unless anyone knows of any midlands based racing we've not spotted?

And just a thought .... Judging by the popularity of the Mini downhill format surely theres a need for more of this kind of racing??????

xeo

« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2012, 12:05 »

Have a lookie ;

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events?fromdate=02%2F03%2F2012&todate=&hc=&distance=&postcode=&zuv_bc_discipline_filter_id=10&zuv_bc_race_category_id=&zuv_bc_licence_discipline_id=&series_only=0&keywords=&resultsperpage=20&series_id=&submit=Search

Local, smaller races would be at Astonhill (3 this year) Rogate this wknd, & the Gravity honey series. There is also the BDS (Nationals mind) and quite a few in Wales.

© 2019 Ride It Out