Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Recent and new site..  (Read 3513 times)

.duncan

Recent and new site..
« on: Dec 17, 2011, 22:59 »
So here are a few of my favourites since my last post on here..

Most can be found on my new site too: http://www.duncanphilpott.com/

(self portrait)

And thats about it really, quite a few non related bike ones, might post them up if i get the time!
« Last Edit: Dec 18, 2011, 00:33 by .duncan »

Tenyearsafter

• Senior
    • My Flickr
Re: Recent and new site..
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2011, 21:25 »
Not a lot on this section seems to generate comments these days but I couldn't let this set pass without feedback.  Apart from the guy with the axe which I'm afraid does little for me these are all round rather good.

2, 4 & 5 are cracking; did you stumble across that shaft of light or had you found the spot before & were waiting for perfect conditions?  The DoF in 4 coupled with the way the trees recede into the mist create real depth. You almost don't see the rider at first, which I think in that shot is a good thing BTW. The framing in 2 has worked out perfectly & I like the subtle colours.

The B&W under the power lines is my fave however. I'm a real B&W whore so really like the processing here, that pool of light under the centre rider works well.  Only thing I would like to see is a version with a bit more work on the clouds upper left, maybe add a bit more drama & mood?

Dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

.duncan

« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2011, 22:46 »
cheers for the words..

I threw the guy with an axe in there as its chris akrigg and to be honest i'm quite proud to have done some photos around him, even if it was something as simple as a bike check, the guy's a legend in my eyes.

With the light shaft i saw the shaft and made the rider ride it, unfortunately i don't have the foresight to get such things where i want them!

I'm glad you like number 4, it was taken on the compact and its one of my favourites as i rarely have photos of myself riding. I used the fairly reliable trigger system of a university fresher who just had to push the button. Still took 2 takes ;)

In the B&W pylon shot the highlight on the ground is a dusting of snow. The riders had previously been standing where the lack of snow is just behind them but i told them to all roll forwards a bit so i'm glad you noticed!

Tenyearsafter

• Senior
    • My Flickr
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2011, 22:51 »
Ha! I feel a right nobber not recognising Chris Akrigg.  You are right, he rules & I would have been made up to have a chance to shoot him too.
Dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

danpayneuk

• FluidVisions Photography
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2012, 20:57 »
Some awesome shots dude. The one with the shaft of light is my fav. Love landscape pics with shafts of sunlight so seeing it with mtb shots is great.

© 2019 Ride It Out