Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Club House so far at (PORC)  (Read 10617 times)

Mr Bling

[Cookie Monster]

• Global Moderator
  • God Like!
  • That's Mr Cookie Monster to You!

Retro boy

• Senior
Re: The Club House so far at (PORC)
« Reply #2 on: Aug 29, 2011, 20:36 »
Id rather piss in a bush and sit on logs and ride a brilliant, well maintained bikepark than have a s**t hot club house with showers and bogs and ride shite trails....
I wish PORC had its priorities right....

Pro Gnome!

• Born to be sideways.
« Reply #3 on: Aug 29, 2011, 21:11 »
First helper to come and give us a hand on a dig/maintenance day^^^

Retro boy

• Senior
« Reply #4 on: Aug 30, 2011, 21:25 »
Why would I do that? This has been covered many times before anyway.
If I pay to ride, I dont expect to have to dig trails and watch them get f**ked by kids who cant ride. Or re-dug by randoms without permission.
If the place got looked after properly, and it had a plan and focus, Id give it all my time.
But no. All that gets tossed around is s**t ideas about road tracks, the olympics, 4 minute DH tracks, wheel chair tracks and so on.
Why the hell would I give any of my time for s**t like that????

marlow

« Reply #5 on: Aug 30, 2011, 21:37 »
. All that gets tossed around is s**t ideas about road tracks, the olympics, 4 minute DH tracks, wheel chair tracks and so on.

Forgot about all that stuff, so far though Bling has done a decent job though so long as he forgets the 4 min tracks.

Mutterz

• Senior
« Reply #6 on: Aug 31, 2011, 12:30 »
Retro boy all you ever do is come on here and slag it off, maybe just calm down, ride your bike and be a more productive member of the community.

jamiedonut

• Senior
« Reply #7 on: Aug 31, 2011, 19:51 »
He obviously already rides somewhere soooo much better and does'nt need to ride porc, shame that seems like a nice chap. :laugh:

Retro boy

• Senior
« Reply #8 on: Sep 02, 2011, 22:27 »
Lets face it, thats not hard now is it?

jakey-boy

• Senior
« Reply #9 on: Sep 02, 2011, 22:37 »
Lets face it, thats not hard now is it?

BOOM!
(im staying out of this)

Mr Bling

« Reply #10 on: Sep 03, 2011, 09:39 »
. All that gets tossed around is s**t ideas about road tracks, the olympics, 4 minute DH tracks, wheel chair tracks and so on.

Forgot about all that stuff, so far though Bling has done a decent job though so long as he forgets the 4 min tracks.
Hello, Marlow and Retro boy, how old are you, yes this is Mr Bling, every thing Iv'e said and wanted to do has been stopped By Mike the owner, you guys don't understand I'm not the owner, for some reason Mike dose not want anyone but himself to make PORC a super bike park as it should be, ask yourself why ? It has everything you could want in a bike park,( why do you think Mike wants a road track) your brain is to small work to this out, you always talk without thinking and without getting your facts right first, I myself was going every weekend to dig and build track at PORC for nothing, I DO NOT GET PAID, I did it because I love PORC, as many of you will know I'm not doing so much down there as like many of you I feel I'm wasting my time and it can be very frustrating working with an owner who seams to have no interest in his own bike park..
« Last Edit: Sep 03, 2011, 09:42 by Mr Bling »

Mr Bling

« Reply #11 on: Sep 03, 2011, 09:53 »
Part 2 ,to Marlow and Retro boy,
I hate have to repeat things, yes you could have 4 min tracks at PORC .
http://www.southerndownhill.com/forum/index.php/topic,246713.msg1951617.html#msg1951617
Read the link please,
So PORC has more land so why want he build on it ? Mike said we will start build but ? thats as far as it will go  .  

Marlow and Retro boy ,get this in to your heads ( I AM NOT THE OWNER ) I hope that is  clear .

so what get done or not done it's down to  MIKE ok , hope your getting this now.
« Last Edit: Sep 03, 2011, 09:58 by Mr Bling »

MEGA HOBO

• Senior
« Reply #12 on: Sep 03, 2011, 11:05 »
Part 2 ,to Marlow and Retro boy,
I hate have to repeat things, yes you could have 4 min tracks at PORC .
http://www.southerndownhill.com/forum/index.php/topic,246713.msg1951617.html#msg1951617
Read the link please,
So PORC has more land so why want he build on it ? Mike said we will start build but ? thats as far as it will go  .  

Marlow and Retro boy ,get this in to your heads ( I AM NOT THE OWNER ) I hope that is  clear .

so what get done or not done it's down to  MIKE ok , hope your getting this now.

I'm pretty sure they know your not the owner. most people know mike is a tool and has all kind of s**t ideas. Well done for putting up with mike and on running a great race series

Retro boy

• Senior
« Reply #13 on: Sep 03, 2011, 11:22 »

Hello, Marlow and Retro boy, how old are you,

Im 30. How old are you?

yes this is Mr Bling,

Thanks for clearing that up

you guys don't understand I'm not the owner,

Actually I do. Mike owns it and has done for a long time.

why do you think Mike wants a road track

Because he's told me many times

your brain is to small work to this out,

What am I trying to work out? Nothing is complicated here

you always talk without thinking and without getting your facts right first,

Yeah, I know. Because Im really confused here. PORC is a glorified mud hole with no focus. Why are you wasting your time there? As you keep saying, YOU DONT GET PAID. Go dig elsewhere then and make it the best place in the south to ride. Just like PORC once was. There is oodles of places that would welcome you with open arms to dig AND NOT GET PAID.

I myself was going every weekend to dig and build track at PORC for nothing, I DO NOT GET PAID, I did it because I love PORC, as many of you will know I'm not doing so much down there as like many of you I feel I'm wasting my time and it can be very frustrating working with an owner who seams to have no interest in his own bike park..

See above comment. Dont cry about it, go find somewhere where your not wasting your time. Somewhere where people respect the trails, will give you all the d**k sucking you want for your work.

Marlow and Retro boy ,get this in to your heads ( I AM NOT THE OWNER ) I hope that is  clear

I KNOW!

And onwards with this 4 minute track s**t.....get real. Have you ever ridden a 4 minute track? DH track that is. Not an XC thing. Do you know the elevation of places like Fort Bill, Cwm, Plenny etc etc. Get real. If you think you can get a 4 minute DH run at PORC, your on the same cloud as Mike.

You seem to be taking all this personally. GET THIS INTO YOUR HEAD. Im not screwing at you (cause believe me, youd know if I was). All I was doing was expressing my views on the massive waste of money/club house. I mean, really, will people really come and ride just because they can shower and have a massage?? Really?
« Last Edit: Sep 03, 2011, 11:40 by Retro boy »

rich-b

• Junior
  • SDH Rocks!
« Reply #14 on: Sep 15, 2011, 14:13 »
It sounds like everyone is getting mighty pi**ed off with PORC again, even Mr Bling.  A word of warning for you Richard, I remember when Alvar was running a succesfull series at PORC and had invested a huge amount of time into the tracks, then without warning Mike took a bulldozer through the lot saying he was going to build a road track and that MTB's wouldn't be allowed anywhere near it.  That was over 5 years ago and still nothing yet he's still talking about the mythical £60k that british Cycling or whoever he thinks he's been talking to is going to stump up in funding.  It seems to me it's an excuse to trash any race series that's getting above it's station and making Mike look like the c**k he is.  Believe me, a road track is never going to work, SERRL (south east road race league) is already running a series in Kent very succesfully utilising public roads, Hog Hill, Fowlmead, and Hillingdon, then theres the Surrey League and Eastern League.  A new world class facility is being built in Gravesend for BMS/4X/XC MTB and road racing, why would anyone invest in a new circuit in the middle of nowhere, it'll be underused poorly built and maintained and will fall into disrepair before too long.  My advice for what it's worth is to continue using PORC whilst your looking for a different venue, possibly even a number of venues and then move on.  What you've achieved bringing grass roots racing back to the masses is fantastic and PORC will always have a place in my heart, not least because it's always the first place I go back to if I've been off the DH bike for to long and want some easy trails to get me back into the groove.

Sorry after reading this thread just felt the need to vent my spleen having been involved in all types of bike racing over the years.  Unfortunately Mike will not be told and won't take advice from anyone, believe me I've tried, and unfortunately this sorry saga will run for years to come.

© 2019 Ride It Out