Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Woodland Riders Summer Jam and Club Champs 25th-26th June 2011  (Read 7699 times)

chaz@woodlandriders-racing.co.uk

• Junior
    • woodlandriders-racing
Hi Gang.

If you have never been to a Woodland Riders Summer Jam then your missing out so keep an eye on the FB invite link below as it promises to be a good one this year.

We will be holding the actual Summer Jam on a Saturday for the first time ever this year, there will be fun n games to be had for all with a BBQ and a BAR on site for Saturday. We also have camping on the Saturday night, if we get enough interest then the BAR will be moved up to the camping field for a great evening hopefully with a large firepit too.

We will be holding the Club Championships on the Sunday to find the fastest top 3 riders in the usual racing categories and the fastest rider overall too "The Club Champion". To enter the club champs you will need to be a full member and either complete the online registration form or sign on on Saturday no later than 16:00. The club champs are FREE to enter as long as you make the deadline, if you dont you will be asked to pay a donation to charity of £5.00. You MUST be a full member and this will be checked at time of registering.

For more details info on the Summer Jam, and the Face Book invite check out this link: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=223339817679458

For more details on the Club Champs, and the Face Book invite check out this link: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=200784386625441

Or just cut straight to the chase and Register you FREE Entry into the Club Champs (FULL members only) check out this link: Http://www.woodlandriders-racing.co.uk

And finally if you want to race the club champs and your not a full member check out the Woodland Riders website: http://www.woodlandriders.com

FULL MEMBERSHIP AND A FULL ON RACE FOR £30 FOR AN ADULT, £25 FOR A YOUTH AND £15 FOR A JUNIOR, WHAT COULD BE BETTER VALUE!

Cheers Gang and thanks for all your support past and present, Chaz.
« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2011, 19:26 by chaz@woodlandriders-racing.co.uk »

seanie.g

Hi, my son wants to do this race, it will be his first downhill race. im sure i read it somewhere that it was going to be a fairly good track for beginners, can someone confirm this for me, and also it is at tavistock and not gawton. thanks

• Junior
    • woodlandriders-racing
Hi, my son wants to do this race, it will be his first downhill race. im sure i read it somewhere that it was going to be a fairly good track for beginners, can someone confirm this for me, and also it is at tavistock and not gawton. thanks
It is on an easy track. Does your son ride at Tavi much? If so tell him it is on the Krash track and will start further up the hill and drop down onto the fire road several ways some easy and some harder. It will be held at Taviwoods and NOT Gawton, as Gawton is to much of a slog back to the top of the hill.

Hope this helps, Chaz, WR Race Organizer.

seanie.g

thanks for the quick responce, no he has never been to tavi before but hopefully this will be the first of many  ;)

seanie.g

can anyone tell me if the track will be open for practise on the saturday

• Junior
    • woodlandriders-racing
can anyone tell me if the track will be open for practise on the saturday
No the track wont be open for practicing on saturday as a section of it is being used for a novice timed session. cheers bud, Chaz.

seanie.g

having never been to tavi, i was just wondering what the surface is like. Need to get some new tyres and with all this rain that we have had and with more to come, was unsure which ones to go for. does the ground drain really well or is it likely to be muddy? will there be someone selling tyres on the weekend so i can leave it right till the last minute and if so are they likely to sell out ( dont want to get there and find there none let ) cheers. ;)

Dunnyt006

It depends really which track your on the krash track which the summer jam will held on is quite hard but with slipy muddy corners which the water tends to pool in... im not to sure which track will be taken from the top track as the top part of chip shop varies as the open track is hard and has a lot of loose flint, the others are full of roots but have muddy areas and have a few rock gardens as well. 

ragged1100

It's not too bad there, even with the rain, the worst root section on Krash actually stays pretty dry as it's under some dense tree coverage, I rode it yesterday and it was still dry! If the rain eases off in the next week you won't need anything as radical as mud tyres, something like high rollers or slicker will be fine. Don't know if there will be anyone selling tyres, we only have a few traders coming and they wont be bringing tons of stock...

Edd Stevens

• Senior
Chaz, i just renewed my membership online (£25) And entered club champs immediately after. Hopefully i will be on the system when you check the lists, but i have payed ;)

Cheers guys. Should be a cracking weekend.
Rider & Racer

• Junior
    • woodlandriders-racing
Chaz, i just renewed my membership online (£25) And entered club champs immediately after. Hopefully i will be on the system when you check the lists, but i have payed ;)

Cheers guys. Should be a cracking weekend.
All done Sir:)

seanie.g

just wanted to check that im reading things right, my son is racing at the jam this weekend, he will be a new member and was i right in thinking that we could sign up on saturday when we get there rather than doing it on line before hand. Also having never been to tavi before wanted to know if its easy to find if someone could rite a few directions i would be gratefull  ;)

Green Supreme

just wanted to check that im reading things right, my son is racing at the jam this weekend, he will be a new member and was i right in thinking that we could sign up on saturday when we get there rather than doing it on line before hand. Also having never been to tavi before wanted to know if its easy to find if someone could rite a few directions i would be gratefull  ;)

http://www.woodlandriders.com/location.php

• Junior
    • woodlandriders-racing
You are most correct, you can sign up and enter on Saturday no problems.
Cheers Chaz.

© 2019 Ride It Out