Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SOUTH WEST DH CHAMPIONSHIPS AT GAWTON 2011 FULLY UPLIFTED :)  (Read 8668 times)

chaz@woodlandriders-racing.co.uk

• Junior
    • woodlandriders-racing
Hi gang,
This year for the first time we are hosting the South West DH Championships at Gawton, on Supertavi.
The event will be held over 2 days, with a full practice day on the Saturday and a short practice session on the sunday followed by the racing.
THE EVENT WILL BE FULLY UPLIFTED :)
For further info go to http://www.woodlandriders-racing.co.uk and check it out for yourselves.

ONLINE ENTRY CLOSES ON THE 12th AUGUST.

Cheers gang, Chaz WR race organizer.
« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2011, 08:00 by chaz@woodlandriders-racing.co.uk »

Hodgerz1994

Re: SOUTH WEST DH CHAMPIONSHIPS AT GAWTON 2011
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 21:19 »
will we be staying at the tracks over night? or is it a go home come back or a choice?

• Junior
    • woodlandriders-racing
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 19:25 »
will we be staying at the tracks over night? or is it a go home come back or a choice?
There will be camping either onsite or right next door.

Hodgerz1994

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 13:15 »
ah nice, just needed to know what im gunna do. Got to enter first lol.

Ben Irons

• Senior
    • Black Canon Collective Mtb Club
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 19:10 »
This event sounds great and I'm pretty certain I'll be entering however, I don't understand how BA12 isn't labelled as being in the south west, I'm pretty sure I won't win but still thats besides the point, the south west includes all of Cornwall, devon, Somerset, Wiltshire, Dorset and Gloucestershire.  I'm proud to say I'm from the South West, I know this isn't your ruling and I'm not having a go at you, it is british cycling just being arses so I'll be having words with them.

This race is going to be good fun and I'll be trying to get some of my club members to get along to it too.

Cheers, Ben.

• Junior
    • woodlandriders-racing
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 21:01 »
This event sounds great and I'm pretty certain I'll be entering however, I don't understand how BA12 isn't labelled as being in the south west, I'm pretty sure I won't win but still thats besides the point, the south west includes all of Cornwall, devon, Somerset, Wiltshire, Dorset and Gloucestershire.  I'm proud to say I'm from the South West, I know this isn't your ruling and I'm not having a go at you, it is british cycling just being arses so I'll be having words with them.

This race is going to be good fun and I'll be trying to get some of my club members to get along to it too.

Cheers, Ben.

I agree with you ben. As how can some of bath be in the south west and others not. BCF logic is sometimes confusing, but they probably get the info from the post office and have no say in it either :(
We would have many more riders if the area went just a little further up.
Are you at uni in plymouth? As if you are and you stay in plymouth then by definition you are from Plymouth in the eyes of the council tax Gits.
Cheers ben, Chaz.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 21:05 by chaz@woodlandriders-racing.co.uk »

• Junior
    • woodlandriders-racing
New facebook page for all updates and everything else
http://www.facebook.com/pages/South-west-DH-Champs-2011/226789630673923
But don't worry we will still be using SDH too  :)

• Junior
    • woodlandriders-racing
Right then gang, if we get enough people book up early enough and commit to camping, I will be going to organize a short night race on the first 2 sections of HSD or maybe even track 4.
We are in the process of trying to sort camping right on site at Gawton, if it is pulled off then the weekend will be fricking awesome.
Practice saturday day, Possible night race on HSD or T4 Saturday night, Camping Saturday night and the main event on Sunday. Not to mention all uplifted!

Hodgerz1994

Sounds like its gunna be a sweet event, so glad ive entered. So theres definately going to be camping? Becuase otherwise im f**ked.

This is the best way to end downhill and start 4x, hopefully on a high(ish) note

Mendipmammoth

• Media Team
  • Senior
  • [Tom]
Pretty crazy that Cheddar (South and West of Bath) BA5 is not included as being in the SOUTH West either. Shame.

Never mind, sounds bangin', count me in!
Ride It Out!

[Rob]

• Ride.io
  • Site Admin
  • God Like!
  • Ride.io
    • Check out the home page
Change is good! Ride It Out.

• Junior
    • woodlandriders-racing
Hi gang,
For anyone who has not noticed yet, The online entries close on the 12th of August.
This dead line will probably get extended as per usual as everyone leaves it till the last minute.

We need as many of you who intend on entering to do so on or before the 12th so we have a chance
of making the uplift good and smooth for you all " We need to know the entry numbers early".

If you all leave it till the last minute to enter then the uplift might not have the capacity to get you all up
the hill smoothly and quickly on the practice day, So you will loose out on important practice runs.
And you will need the Practice runs as some of the track might be getting some new lines put in here and there, who knows  ;)
« Last Edit: Jul 29, 2011, 17:53 by chaz@woodlandriders-racing.co.uk »

• Junior
    • woodlandriders-racing
Pretty crazy that Cheddar (South and West of Bath) BA5 is not included as being in the SOUTH West either. Shame.

Never mind, sounds bangin', count me in!

I agree bud, there are some wiered rules that some people have made up.

© 2019 Ride It Out