Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Post a pic of your Van  (Read 24720 times)

Back Pedal

• Bike finding man of loveliness.
  • Immortal
  • God Like!
  • Moon
Re: Post a pic of your Van
« Reply #30 on: Dec 08, 2010, 07:16 »
Very nice Shaun. Don't you just love having a standard looking van that embarrasses all those naughty car drivers!

I'd love to have the dosh to lower mine a bit, and maybe colour code the bumpers... but I'm trying to save up for the next big repair bill. Haha.  ;)
www.rideon.co.uk www.slikgraphics.com Team Ride-on/Slik Graphics

Daddy Snoops

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • Off The Ricta
« Reply #31 on: Dec 08, 2010, 12:06 »
Its mega but my maxxis currently aint hooking me up in 1st, 2nd or 3rd most the time atm haha.

Suprised you aint got a lil van wrap going on. Im working loads of overtime at work dude. In pretty much every Sat, crimbo eve, crimbo day, boxin day, new years eve and new years day. I know im going to hate that tax man come Jan pay day.

Need to sort my shopping list out dude

Back Pedal

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • Moon
« Reply #32 on: Dec 08, 2010, 17:02 »
As for tyres I bought some of the Goodyear Cargo Marathons back in september and was very impressed with their grip and road noise. They have more bands going across the tyre, not just around so break and accelerate better!

Go easy on your drive shafts buddy - they wont last long if you're spinning up to 3rd!!!

Torico

• Torico peformance Bicycles
  • MTB Company
  • Senior
  • www.torico.co.uk
    • torico
« Reply #33 on: Dec 08, 2010, 17:10 »
Al
How much did you pay for your winter tyres if you dont mind me asking?
www.torico.co.uk or www.toricomorzine.com
01258 473770
Join our facebook page at Torico Performance Bikes for details on deals and events in our Morzine and Dorset Stores

Back Pedal

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • Moon
« Reply #34 on: Dec 08, 2010, 17:25 »
€69 a corner. 102 load rated (enough for my gross vehicle weight of 2800kg) and with the snow flake rating.

I am very very impressed with them. They are grippy as hell.

From 123pneu.fr/mytyres.co.uk

They are these ones:

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=14381186.125.17119&typ=R-185150&ranzahl=4&Breite=215&Quer=65&Felge=16&weiter=0&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=20&sort_by=preis&Transport=P&dsco=125&sowigan=Wi

Although now it seems winter has properly started they've gone up to €123!!!

UK equivalent:

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=77414112.110.7411&typ=R-185150&ranzahl=4&Breite=215&Quer=65&Felge=16&weiter=0&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=20&Transport=P&dsco=110&sowigan=Wi

They are now £101.

Prices are up. Supply and demand and all that!

Daddy Snoops

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • Off The Ricta
« Reply #35 on: Dec 19, 2010, 02:47 »
Still waiting on my coils :(, hope to get them at the start of this week!

joshleb

• Senior
« Reply #36 on: Dec 20, 2010, 00:56 »
I want to get a van in a couple of years and make it for travelling and stuff.

Need to have space for bikes in the back, and surfboard racks somewhere as well.

Im loving som of the ones in this thread

Daddy Snoops

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • Off The Ricta
« Reply #37 on: Dec 20, 2010, 23:46 »
Coils are on their way and my de-cat turned up today. Got a few days off till Fri night now so going to:

Make a better air feed to the airbox
Spray the door handles, wing mirror housings, bit above the number plate and the rear badge gloss black

nasty nick j

• www.captivbikes.co.uk
« Reply #38 on: Dec 23, 2010, 14:50 »
heres my van

seb

• rootsandrain
  • MTB Company
  • God Like!
    • http://www.rootsandrain.com/
« Reply #39 on: Dec 23, 2010, 20:41 »
I've been told (although never tried) that they are limited to an indicated 125mph (117 actual) because of the speed rating on the tyres. I was also told by the same source that the 174 is only at 3500rpm when on the speed limiter - a full 1000rpm away from where the red line actually starts.

Dear god, I am boring.  ;D

This is correct, though it's 118 I think.  Maybe it was me that told you? :)  I've verified it - very noticable how it'll "thud" into the limiter if you're going downhill with a following wind!

3500rpm is about right too, as you can work out with simple maths from your 1600/60mph (that's a bit low I think - more like 1800 maybe? Mine is 3000/~100mph).
RootsAndRain.com - DH results & race photos

seb

• rootsandrain
  • MTB Company
  • God Like!
« Reply #40 on: Dec 23, 2010, 20:43 »
I think it would be very plausible to get 44 mpg if you drove like a saint, although nigh on impossible!!

Yeah I'd say it's possible - the best I've managed was 42mpg, and that was pretty saintly.  I normally get around 28-30ish, but I have a lead right foot...

seb

• rootsandrain
  • MTB Company
  • God Like!
« Reply #41 on: Dec 23, 2010, 20:45 »
I've been told (although never tried) that they are limited to an indicated 125mph (117 actual) because of the speed rating on the tyres. I was also told by the same source that the 174 is only at 3500rpm when on the speed limiter - a full 1000rpm away from where the red line actually starts.

They definatly arn't limited (in terms of a limiter - maybe power). On the way to Morzine a few years ago we tried to see how fast the one we had would go (174 SWB) & it was knocking on 126 on the GPS down a particulary long hill with the mirrors folded in. Pretty scary though.

If yours has been chipped (possibly by a previous owner) it's common to have the limiter removed at the same time, potentially without you even being informed that it had one beforehand.  Mine's definitely limited, no question.

[Rob]

• Ride.io
  • Site Admin
  • God Like!
  • Ride.io
    • Check out the home page
« Reply #42 on: Jan 07, 2011, 11:19 »
my transit Mk 6 paddle wagon mainly though used once in a while for riding

currant interior set up

hopefully by this summer should be something along the lines of this

back seats fold flat to form bed and base folds out to be double the width just got to weld up the frame and check with dvla

I think iv seen your van before. You on the transit forum? Ex RAC?

I'm building a bed in the back on mine similar to yours, planning to hold tool box, speakers and battery under it. What did you use for a mattress? Most cheap mattresses i can find come up 3foot wide which is much wider than im after.  Been looking around for some sort of foam i can cut but haven't come up with anything yet.

What are you building on the left hand side?
« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2011, 11:25 by [Rob] »
Change is good! Ride It Out.

steveh

• Racer and commentator
« Reply #43 on: Jan 07, 2011, 11:40 »
The matress for my van rob came from an upholstery supplying place and was a piece of foam cut to the size i wanted. Give a couple a call and see if they can help you out.

[Rob]

• Ride.io
  • Site Admin
  • God Like!
  • Ride.io
    • Check out the home page
« Reply #44 on: Jan 07, 2011, 12:37 »
Cool,  will give some a call.   And there was me thinking you had a king size water bed in your van Steve...!
Change is good! Ride It Out.

© 2019 Ride It Out