Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Post a pic of your Van  (Read 24719 times)

[Rob]

• Ride.io
  • Site Admin
  • God Like!
  • Ride.io
    • Check out the home page
Post a pic of your Van
« on: Nov 28, 2010, 21:08 »
Seems fitting on a forum full of riders with Vans.

I recently got myself a Mk6 Transit.  Now looking at converting the back out a bit with a power supply and bed.

Post up your conversions as well.
« Last Edit: Nov 30, 2010, 12:21 by [Rob] »
Change is good! Ride It Out.

[Cookie Monster]

• Global Moderator
  • God Like!
  • That's Mr Cookie Monster to You!
Re: Post a pic of your Van
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2010, 21:23 »
So when's the SDH Livery going on then Rob?

[Rob]

• Ride.io
  • Site Admin
  • God Like!
  • Ride.io
    • Check out the home page
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2010, 21:24 »
All in good time.  Got some other things i need to do on it first.
Change is good! Ride It Out.

pobski

« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2010, 13:08 »

It's a touch lower at the back now. Recaros being retrimmed about to go in soon. Next some 'orse.

Back Pedal

• Bike finding man of loveliness.
  • Immortal
  • God Like!
  • Moon
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2010, 19:55 »
I've just got my snow tyres fitted to my van on my winter wheels - steels painted with hammerite smooth black. Looks good from a distance!

The van is a T5. And I am in love with it.  :-[

Winter Guise:

Summer Guise:

« Last Edit: Dec 03, 2010, 16:27 by Alex E »
www.rideon.co.uk www.slikgraphics.com Team Ride-on/Slik Graphics

Yidwann

• Immortal
  • God Like!
    • Still Under Construction
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2010, 11:34 »
Mine is coming along now.....

Standard as I got it

Then some windowage

Then made a raised floor to get insulation underneath.... was a bugger to make, don't want to repeat!

Then fully insulated

Now ready for my kitchen to go in thats sat in boxes in the house!!

Daddy Snoops

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • Off The Ricta
« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2010, 21:02 »
Yeah Al and Rob
Just got it re-mapped the other week to 160bhp and 248lb/ft and will be blanking the EGR valve off tomora. Got some plans for my T5 over winter:
FK Coilovers (ordered)
Some whore'ish wheels or may get the spare set of steel's I have banded
Intake mod's, Forge FMIC and de-cat (mapper will ajust map after to for me, woot)
Colour coding
Sportline front splitter and spoiler, Caravelle mouth mod and smooth all the gaps out
Front fogs

All I can think off off the top of my head. Some reason I cant find pics but its a Red T5 with black wheels and awning atm

Xave

« Reply #7 on: Dec 02, 2010, 21:20 »

now with carpet

Yidwann

• Immortal
  • God Like!
    • Still Under Construction
« Reply #8 on: Dec 03, 2010, 11:19 »
Yeah Al and Rob
Just got it re-mapped the other week to 160bhp and 248lb/ft and will be blanking the EGR valve off tomora. Got some plans for my T5 over winter:
FK Coilovers (ordered)
Intake mod's, Forge FMIC and de-cat (mapper will ajust map after to for me, woot)
Colour coding
Sportline front splitter and spoiler, Caravelle mouth mod and smooth all the gaps out
Front fogs

All I can think off off the top of my head. Some reason I cant find pics but its a Red T5 with black wheels and awning atm

Pretty much what I have planned for the Winter too, some remapping to come once all the sanity checks are done! Got the Velle bumper ready and someone who has made the Sportline splitter for a fraction of the cost, then off to the spray shop.

How much are the FK Coilovers, I was looking at the V-Maxx set from MerseySpeed, seem to get pretty good write ups.

Back Pedal

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • Moon
« Reply #9 on: Dec 03, 2010, 16:31 »
Yeah Al and Rob
FK Coilovers (ordered)
Colour coding
Front fogs

Thats a fair bit of oomph out of the 1.9. Has it brought the engine speed down for road speed? I remember my old 1.9 used to be at about 3000rpm for 80.

Fair play with spending all that dolla on it, loads of stuff like. I'd love to be able to get caravelle bumpers, colour coded and lowered a little bit (30 - 40 mm) but it's all money i need to be spending on other stuff like skis and bikes and food and diesel.

Daddy Snoops

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • Off The Ricta
« Reply #10 on: Dec 03, 2010, 18:02 »
Alright Tom? Got the coilovers through Awesome GTI, they are doing deals on them atm. Merseyspeed dont have the V-Maxx till Jan the earliest and T4R'US havent got them in either the last time I spoke to them before they went on holiday. Mainly going with FK as they go down 100mm :D

Yeah Al it is but apparently its the PD130 unit and gearbox that is factory detuned, so its reet. Still 3k for 80mph but you dont have to rev the ball out of it now to get there.
Been looking into fitting a 6speed box as in therory it should bolt on but im going to have to look into that.

Back Pedal

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • Moon
« Reply #11 on: Dec 03, 2010, 19:20 »
Bloody hell man, after all the £££ it'll take to put a 6 speed box on there you might have been better off buying the 2.5 engine!!

Daddy Snoops

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • Off The Ricta
« Reply #12 on: Dec 03, 2010, 21:07 »
Quite a few prob on them compaired to the 1.9 Al. Hows tricks anyway? Were in the world are you?

Back Pedal

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • Moon
« Reply #13 on: Dec 03, 2010, 22:31 »
Yeah I'm good. In France still - the ski season starts tomorrow so dead stoked.

As for the 1.9 vs the 2.5....

On my old 1.9 (104 horses) I had to have a new flywheel at 70k and a new gear box at 86k (5 gear stripped out whilst cruising on the motorway!) and had to have the drive shafts replaced because they were knocking.

I bought the 2.5 (174 horses, seen in the pics above) in April and so far so good. Although milage is a lot lower, so only time will tell. But my god it flies. Family cars can say bye bye and most chavs or neds (unless they got the sport version of their chosen steed) aint got a chance in hell. I'm not one for racing the traffic light GP but more for embarrassing idiots that are so desperate to get past you (because you are in a van) on hills on motorways. Pull into the slow lane and accelerate and watch them look in puzzlement why they can't get past the naughty 'slow' van. Although that is very naughty and I only do it if someone is being a reet c0ck like tail gating the crap out of you or being agro. If not I love sitting in the slow lane in 6th gear, the van (just shy of 2 tons unladen) sits at a staggering 1600rpm at 60 mph!!

I bet your 1.9 is pretty nippy mind. I'd have thought with 160 odd horses it'd give the 2.5 a run for it's money because the 1.9 block is quite a bit lighter... until the she runs out of oomph and the extra cylinder gets the 2 tons way past a ton easily!

I've been told (although never tried) that they are limited to an indicated 125mph (117 actual) because of the speed rating on the tyres. I was also told by the same source that the 174 is only at 3500rpm when on the speed limiter - a full 1000rpm away from where the red line actually starts.

Dear god, I am boring.  ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 03, 2010, 23:32 by Alex E »

Daddy Snoops

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • Off The Ricta
« Reply #14 on: Dec 05, 2010, 11:46 »
Yeah I wanted a 174 but just couldnt afford it, or a 4 motion one. But yeah iv seen a few sportlines beasting it around and they are quick.
Had a look yest and 60mph is 2.1k. It gets over a ton now still pulling pretty hard but it runs out of gearbox, wouldnt mind knowing what it would get with another gear tho.
Get it mapped dude! and blank the EGR vavle off big time!

http://clubgti.com/FORUM/showthread.php?t=165476

© 2019 Ride It Out