Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: feedback after round 1 ?  (Read 4083 times)

Milky@wideopenmag.co.uk

• God Like!
  • JacobGibbins.co.uk www.wideopenmag.co.uk
    • www.jacobigibbins.co.uk
feedback after round 1 ?
« on: Feb 07, 2010, 17:03 »
Right now lets keep this constructive!

if you want to say something wasnt as good as it could have been, also say how to make it better.

I wasnt involved in organising it but as it was the first race woodland riders has held a bit of feeback might help make the next few round go better?

Personaly and i know the reason ( he was ill ) but a burger van would have been sweet! 

thats about it to be honest, seemed to go well. bring on round 2!

ps: check back here or my site later on for info on how to get photos.

Farmer.

• God Like!
  • Im-mature.
Re: feedback after round 1 ?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2010, 00:40 »
Maybe a bit more practice time? just seemed like leaving at 3, we had a load more light to play around in. Maybe make that little goon air comp at the end official next time, say, maybe, lowest scrub over the spine?

immature

• Junior
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2010, 10:23 »
I'd say round 2 should be on one of the steeper courses. I think most riders would rather ride a course thats 20sec shorter but steeper all the way.

Maybe if time allows do an unofficial chainless race at the end?

The people who get on the podium should use the champagne in anger!!!

And everyone should boycott Silverfish until they get off their lazy arses and get some prizes sorted for the next round, that's just really poor on their behalf, and they wont have done themselves any favors.

All in all though i think it was a really good first race, and i think round 2 will be even better.

Rich

jam bo

• God Like!
  • pies not petrol
    • wrp-photo
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2010, 12:48 »
burger van - couldn't be helped but I was hungry by the end of the day.
maybe some tunes/PA - we've done it for the jam so should be able to sort something out for the races .
an actual podium - chaz should be able to sort something out.

As for using a steeper track, maybe/probably. fitness is still important though. I saw a lot of people make up or lose a lot of time on that fireroad sprint in the middle. The french guy that took the overall win absolutely hammered down that section.

as for the timings, you've got to factor in some slack for crashes/hold ups and we were lucky enough to have no serious incidents. Practice session of that length is pretty standard at most races.

chainless at the end of the day is a good idea but wouldnt work on that track. whip/scrub/huck competitions could be laugh, plenty of different spots for it (gorse, biscuit, slag).

Harry St

• Junior
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2010, 21:23 »
yeah a steeper track would be good, i appreciate that to get the most out of the hill it did have to go across and with the small gradient made the top section pretty flat and pedally, but i think next time, make the top section more staright and fast. it would mean a shorter track but it would make it better i think.

Also a track with a number of lines to choose from would be good, obviously having the fastest line the hardest.

All in all though, it was a brilliant day!

darth

• Senior
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2010, 21:05 »
There were a few tiny issues that could do with ironing out...

what was going on with the uphill gaff just after the fireroad pedal? i know a lot of people moaned and rightly so... it was gash - however the upside of this was that organisers listened to the riders and changed it!

i thought the track was great other then that, and if talk is true of using a steeper track for the next rounds that can only go down well.

good organisation - more of the same please  :)

good atmosphere  :)

hands together for rob orchard - i dont think i saw him stood still all day (other then the cracking shot milky got) - did a really good job of keeping the track up to scratch.

please spell my name right next time...  :laugh:

keep it coming guys...

seb

• rootsandrain
  • MTB Company
  • God Like!
    • http://www.rootsandrain.com/
« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2010, 10:54 »
please spell my name right next time...  :laugh:

I've probably got it wrong as well then, PM me so I can correct it on the site! cheers :)
RootsAndRain.com - DH results & race photos

JamesBrown

« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2010, 21:17 »
I think for a first race in a brand new series it went pretty well, some sections were hard work in the wet but cracking them was half the challenge! and when the track was changed to extend the fireroad this was much less of an issue.

Word on the mean streets was that the tracks were getting gnarlier and steeper as the series went on anyway so have...

But as i said i think for a first go it ran very smoothly and successfully so big thanks to Rob, Chaz and all the marshals for putting on a good day and i look forward to the next!

chaz@woodlandriders-racing.co.uk

• Junior
    • woodlandriders-racing
« Reply #8 on: Feb 10, 2010, 23:31 »
We will  see what we can do about a steeper track for you all but it might rule out some of the younger riders cos the steeper tracks aint just steep they are well knarly too with big drops thrown in along the way down. But like I say we will see what we can do. Dont bank on a steeper track but there wont be any uphill balls out slogs, and it will be just as much fun too.

Just thought I had better mention that I was told your surname was Perryman, But Jamie spotted the mistake and It got changed lol. Sorry Tom it will be spelt right next time if you race again.

cheers gang and thanks for your support!
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2010, 18:58 by chaz@woodlandriders-racing.co.uk »

Mono Bartlett

• MTB Company
  • God Like!
  • @monobartlett
« Reply #9 on: Feb 16, 2010, 18:11 »
Chaz I wouldn't worry about the kids, most of the kids these days can ride anything. Cater for the masses, the couple that can't do it will find it in themselves to do anything come race runs. Plus there's nothing massively tricky at Woodlands anyway.
@monobartlett

immature

• Junior
« Reply #10 on: Feb 22, 2010, 22:04 »
ok instead of my chainless idea how about having a top 20 run off at the end (if time allows), several race series used to do this. Dash for Cash it was called.

Seeing as we now have loads of sponsors maybe one company would sponsor that, like monster energy?
I think it would be quite good as it allows all the other racers to watch the fast guys and see how they do it.

Just a thought anyway.

© 2019 Ride It Out