Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2 months so far.,.looking good.. (scaphoid)  (Read 5362 times)

Retro boy

• Senior
Ive done both. The right one was 10 weeks in plaster, no probs.
My left, which I did early in the year was 3 months in plaster.
To be fair, I ignored the doc...still used it, worked, lifted s**t, rode with it in plaster.
Its fine now, but as a precaution, I still wear the splint thingy riding.

Its the slowest healing bone! The metal plate in my leg was faster to heal after major surgery!

dubber rick

i broke my scaphoid 2 years ago. i fell backwards off a half pipe in rampworks.
from braking it, to the docs finally realising it was broken, to getting back out on my DH bike was 18 months!!!!!
had the bone graft op, but they took the bone from another part of my wrist, and not my hip like they said they would. then plaster, then splints etc etc.
i wear a wrist support now when i ride. ive had a couple of falls on it and its held up ok so far. touch wood!

-Terrance-

yeh thats what i did pretty much come into the halfpipe in newport skatepark and bonked my front wheel and its about 15/16ft to the copin im told..

anyways ive been in this 2 months now!! :@ back to hospital on tuesday..its looking good XD

and

has anyone got suggestions for like supports i can use that would support it properly for when i start riding again the doctor seemed alot more positive about it when i went back

(although the 2 med students looked at the x-ray and went SHITTTTTT)

dubber rick

Re: 2 months so far.,.looking good.. (scaphoid)
« Reply #18 on: Nov 01, 2008, 18:57 »
im using a pro 661 wrist support. it gives alot of support and helps alot with confidence. when i 1st started riding again i was using the splint strap that i got from physio.

i got the all clear from the docs 2 weeks ago. it takes ages to heal, ive now got good strength in it and most of my movement back.  just dont do too much too soon or you can make it worse.

-Terrance-

Re: 2 months so far.,.looking good.. (scaphoid)
« Reply #19 on: Nov 02, 2008, 22:50 »
the six six one ones confuse me.. which one is it? send me a link?

© 2019 Ride It Out