Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Leamington or Hamsterly

Leamington
15 (100%)
Hamsterly
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: May 23, 2008, 15:49

Author Topic: NPS4X Round 3 Venue  (Read 28070 times)

HATCH

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • Team Manager - 44Racing Rockstar Diamondback
    • Rockstar Athlete Profile
Re: NPS4X Round 3 Venue
« Reply #90 on: Jun 17, 2008, 15:23 »
(but man, even Novice classes looked quick!)

Because its full of trophy hunting "sand baggers" who wont man up and race in their proper cats for fear of being owned!!!

Hatch
44Racing Rockstar Diamondback- Diamondback, Rockstar Energy Drink, Kore-USA, Freestylextreme.com, ThorMX, RockShox, Sram, Avid, Owkay Clothing, Plush Suspension, Horizon Watches, SpiralGFX, Duck Smart

scrubydoo

« Reply #91 on: Jun 17, 2008, 15:27 »
for the record... i'm looking forward to racing seniors but as i've pointed out we're not all made of money so paying full price for only 6 months worth of racing licence is stupid (particularly when you don't ride any other discipline). and the fact that you'll then be renewing licence and BCF member out of sync just becomes a ball-ache.

still reckon there should be no prizes or trophies for novices and they should be awarded a licence! sounds fair????

HATCH

• Immortal
  • God Like!
« Reply #92 on: Jun 17, 2008, 15:30 »
Not aimed at you Scruby as i know its your first year racing NPS 4X, etc, etc.............but you can see where im coming from having raced in novice this year yourself.

Hatch
44Racing Rockstar Diamondback- Diamondback, Rockstar Energy Drink, Kore-USA, Freestylextreme.com, ThorMX, RockShox, Sram, Avid, Owkay Clothing, Plush Suspension, Horizon Watches, SpiralGFX, Duck Smart

scrubydoo

« Reply #93 on: Jun 17, 2008, 15:36 »
yeah fully agree.

some "novices" last weekend actually spoke as though they were going to continue riding novice again next year too!!!

think you benefit more by moving up anyway- have to push yourself to compete with the fast guys...

don't get me wrong... i do feel like a fraud! think they need to tighten up on the novice entry criteria

scrubydoo

« Reply #94 on: Jun 17, 2008, 15:45 »
i've got it.....

licence (ignoring bcf membership) is what.. £36? roughly one race entry fee.

so... prizes for novices could be a free race entry in the appropriate category at the next round they race?!

doseage

• Senior
  • I aint no sandbagger fool!
« Reply #95 on: Jun 17, 2008, 15:45 »
I'm definitely staying in novice, wayy too slow for masters!! ;D

solsol

• Immortal
  • God Like!
« Reply #96 on: Jun 17, 2008, 21:25 »
(but man, even Novice classes looked quick!)

Because its full of trophy hunting "sand baggers" who wont man up and race in their proper cats for fear of being owned!!!

Hatch

I agree.  I raced one race in novice and made it into the semi finals so decided it was time to move up.  The last few races in Senior has been very hard work but that's the point in racing! 

scrubydoo

« Reply #97 on: Jun 18, 2008, 08:14 »
Doseage, the man is right... and the only reason why the master cat is so fast is because people don't move up.

i reckon larger categories would make for much better racing- race different people all the time, occasionally some quicker riders could be then taken out early by other quick riders and guaranteed quarter finals every time.

sod it... i'm going to sell my sister to fund a race licence

doseage

• Senior
« Reply #98 on: Jun 18, 2008, 08:40 »
Doseage, the man is right... and the only reason why the master cat is so fast is because people don't move up.

i reckon larger categories would make for much better racing- race different people all the time, occasionally some quicker riders could be then taken out early by other quick riders and guaranteed quarter finals every time.

Does seem tempting, and I suppose you'll HAVE to improve pretty sharpish if you're racing proper fast people, but at the same time, there's nothing more demoralising than coming last by a long way in every moto! I'm gonna see what happens at redhill first, ride the track blind and if I make it through to semis as solomanda says then I'll think about moving up next year....

dominator

• Senior
  • RODGER YOU BIG D**K
« Reply #99 on: Jun 18, 2008, 09:01 »
i dont class myself as fast atall but i know at least half of the people in novive 17+ are faster than me so it seems an apropriate catagory for me. however i raced this year in novice 12-16 so where do i go next year?
« Last Edit: Jun 19, 2008, 09:12 by [Cookie Monster] »

Seb_C

• Senior
« Reply #100 on: Jun 18, 2008, 11:36 »
It's hard to say what to do, but honeslty a lot of the time I wasn't sure what category I was watching. A lot of quick novices, and a lot of quick Juniors too.

There really does need to be a reshuffling of prizes, forced promotion, or being awarded licences as novice prizes. There also needs to be more women - that category was so small they raced the same people each time.

HATCH

• Immortal
  • God Like!
« Reply #101 on: Jun 18, 2008, 13:14 »
i dont class myself as fast atall but i know at least half of the people in novive 17+ are faster than me so it seems an apropriate catagory for me. however i raced this year in novice 12-16 so where do i go next year???????????????????????????????

If you want to improve then the only way to do that is to go into Juniors (your cat.) and ride/race against people that are faster than yourself.........yeah you might not do so great to start off with, but the learning curve would be massive and you will soon be climbing up through the ranks if you stick at it.

I think giving the winner of Novice a race licence instead of a prize would be spot-on plus it will encourage/make them to race in their respective cats.

Hatch

doseage

• Senior
« Reply #102 on: Jun 18, 2008, 14:05 »
i dont class myself as fast atall but i know at least half of the people in novive 17+ are faster than me so it seems an apropriate catagory for me. however i raced this year in novice 12-16 so where do i go next year???????????????????????????????

If you want to improve then the only way to do that is to go into Juniors (your cat.) and ride/race against people that are faster than yourself.........yeah you might not do so great to start off with, but the learning curve would be massive and you will soon be climbing up through the ranks if you stick at it.

I think giving the winner of Novice a race licence instead of a prize would be spot-on plus it will encourage/make them to race in their respective cats.

Hatch

But talking about it on here wont solve it alone... action needs to be taken!!

Seb_C

• Senior
« Reply #103 on: Jun 18, 2008, 14:30 »
Ah, but talking about it on here is a good way to test the water as to the response that would be received if that way forward was taken by the organisers. We've seen fairly broad support on here, which means we're not too wide of the mark, and adds weight to the argument. As it is a hard argument to counter, as ultimately it will help the sport develop. The best way to get faster is to ride against faster people. Rather than the current situation where people stay in Novice too long, it'd be nice to see this evolve into one where people aspire to progress from Novice and to be competitive in their rightful category (rather than being like "Hooray, I won in Novice. Oh wait, this is my 3rd year in this cat, and most people here haven't even done 3 races yet...but nevermind, I still won!")

So, the way forward: Ideally somebody who knows the guys in charge and has their respect should propose this idea and see what they say.

side note: Hatch, saw you at chicksands, looking quick! The bike looks lovely :D I'll have to bring my blender up there for a play ASAP!

Keen Bean

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • Too slow to be pro
« Reply #104 on: Jun 18, 2008, 14:39 »

:D You, me and Cooper in the same cat at redhill? Thats going to be good ;D

© 2019 Ride It Out