Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Paul's Weight loss tips.  (Read 85399 times)

Leigh2612

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • appalache/ solo airs
Re: Paul's Weight loss tips.
« Reply #60 on: Feb 20, 2008, 22:52 »
that is a good 13 months you've had buddy!

I'm 14 stone 4 lbs (and 4 ounces this morning!), i've been 15 stone of fat before, trying to get there not fat...slowly..!
Quit your jibba jabba!

Hairyb

• God Like!
« Reply #61 on: Feb 20, 2008, 22:58 »
Yeah it's not been easy...but so so worth it. Haven't ever felt this good in my life.
The weight loss has slowed right down though to 1, 2 (or 3 if I'm lucky) pounds a week, but this is because I'm still putting on muscle. I hope  :D

Leigh2612

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • appalache/ solo airs
« Reply #62 on: Feb 20, 2008, 23:02 »
if your losing a pound of fat a week mate thats still damn good!
Quit your jibba jabba!

Hairyb

• God Like!
« Reply #63 on: Feb 21, 2008, 15:14 »
Definitely, little way to go now...I'm aiming for between 11 to 11 and a half, but I'm judging it by both feel and appearance rather than weight at the moment, as I'm almost average for my height now (5"7).

38 waist down to 32, score!

Charlie.

• God Like!
  • Get Kovarik Back in his Cage
« Reply #64 on: Feb 21, 2008, 16:02 »
11 stone 7lbs for someone 5'7"!?

I'm 5'9/10" and only 10 stone 5lbs. Hope I'm not under weight :D

But 38" to 32" waist thats good going. weel done ;)

Jam Roll

• Senior
« Reply #65 on: Feb 21, 2008, 16:10 »
Definitely, little way to go now...I'm aiming for between 11 to 11 and a half, but I'm judging it by both feel and appearance rather than weight at the moment, as I'm almost average for my height now (5"7).

38 waist down to 32, score!

Thats damn good - I'm aiming for 13 stone myself. 6 1, was 15 stone 7 at Xmas, down to 14 stone 7 now, so getting somewhere! Been doing this through running and eating properly!

Giving myself 6 months to do this - I hope this is resonable! best thing about it is - I actually feel a whole lot fitter!

Hairyb

• God Like!
« Reply #66 on: Feb 21, 2008, 16:21 »
Definitely, it's not about dieting and all that, it's about changing your lifestyle, i.e. eating habits, regular exercise etc.

JLo

• God Like!
  • Ride Central
    • Ride Central
« Reply #67 on: Feb 21, 2008, 17:04 »
I am currently about 12 and a half atm. I have lost a stone since xmas. I aim to be 12 and then I'm happy at 6ft 3.

Nas

• Once upon a time...
« Reply #68 on: Feb 21, 2008, 17:09 »
Just around september time last year I lost a stone of weight, from 15 down to 14 in just under two weeks by:

Eating makrel (with chillis and other spices and plum tomatoes and drop of olive oil) and scrammbled eggs for breakfast.

Lunch would be a either a tuna or chicken salad, (no pasta in this).

Dinner would either be a can of Nurishment or mostly a bottle of choc Frijj (less than 1% fat).

All the while drinking about 2-4L of water a day and cutting out tea and coffee altogether.  I didn't do any training at all during this time.

For reason that I can't remember i stopped my diet after two weeks, maybe after I changed jobs?  I now seem to be taking work home and working late too.  I put the weight back on.

I'm house sitting for a month with my wife during March for my uncle who has a treadmill, Xtrainer and ab thing.  I'm hoping to make the best use of that month and hopeful work at least 5days a week following this routine:

5am: wake up treadmill/cross trainer 20mins
530: shower and prepare for work
615: eat eggs, makrel
7am: leave for work

work with a lunch consisting of tuna or chicken salad

4pm-7pm: go home depending on how busy i am

get home have a work out session using my free weights and then cardio

chill out and try to get into bed by around 10am, i'm usually in bed for around 12-1am and get about 3-5hrs of sleep.  I think my sleeping pattern has changed things a lot.

Hairyb

• God Like!
« Reply #69 on: Feb 21, 2008, 17:14 »
I found when you first start a lot of weight comes off very quickly, but it generally slows down after that.

Nas

• Once upon a time...
« Reply #70 on: Feb 21, 2008, 17:18 »
yeah, it's the initial burst where you loose a lot, the more excess weight you have to more drastic the initial weight loss.

dhjunkiejon
« Reply #71 on: Feb 26, 2008, 21:36 »
Hey Paul, How's it going?

It's wednesday tommorow  ;)

TurnerFan

• Global Moderator
  • God Like!
  • Previously known as Chilled76
« Reply #72 on: Feb 26, 2008, 21:52 »
Hey Paul, How's it going?

It's wednesday tommorow  ;)

It is....no noticeable difference yet but I'm breaking myself back in gently. Will be getting progressivly stricter and training harder as the weeks go on, I don't want to over train as I've been out for a while.

Paul
If you're not falling off, you're not getting faster!

psyick

• Senior
« Reply #73 on: Feb 28, 2008, 12:19 »
This year I am trying to drop a few pounds and also eat as healthily as possible.  I have always eaten pretty well, not much processed foods, a fair bit of fruit and veg etc but even so this has been quite an eye opener.

If you want to lose some belly I'd suggest you spend a week (or more if you can be assed) logging everything that you eat and drink because even if you think you know what is healthy already, you will be surprised at some of the things that come up.

For example I have noticed that;

- I am (still) eating too much salt
- pub/ready made salads are often stuffed with fat and you may as well have a burger
- cheddar cheese is my real weakness
- vodka & diet coke is preferable to a pint ;)

Sign up at http://www.tescotracker.com  - it has most foods and their nutritional info, it's not perfect/complete but it's pretty good for free.
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2008, 12:22 by psyickphuk »

strafer

• Junior
« Reply #74 on: Mar 03, 2008, 11:17 »
Sign up at http://www.tescotracker.com  - it has most foods and their nutritional info, it's not perfect/complete but it's pretty good for free.

A website called fitday.com also do a good version of that.

© 2019 Ride It Out