Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Paul's Weight loss tips.  (Read 76838 times)

Leigh2612

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • appalache/ solo airs
Re: Paul's Weight loss tips.
« Reply #30 on: Nov 13, 2007, 22:24 »
actimel etc just increase the good bacteria you already have, so some goes through your system, with a good diet with greens etc it encourages them to thrive and is preferable to just trying to increase their number

pointless.

1 a day cod liver oil capsuls are cool though... vitamins go in and straight out - lots of people will disagree and there will be controversy over this but its pretty true i rekon.

cod liver oil - yes
vitamins - nah - if you arnt a skeptic get a good multivitamin
actimul / yakult - awesome get them in once a day 1st thing after a week you'll feel bo!
Quit your jibba jabba!

TurnerFan

• Global Moderator
  • God Like!
  • Previously known as Chilled76
« Reply #31 on: Nov 13, 2007, 22:28 »
My take on Vitamins is basically this.....your body needs a range of them to function properlly.

When training a lot you need more of certain ones (don't ask me which) due to the stress that the training puts on your imune system, you are in a state of recovery all the time.

If you get loads of fresh fruit and veg (steamed is the only acceptable cooking method for these) then you will be o.k. without a muti vit, however traking one a day will make sure you arn't lacking in anything.

If your diet is shite then I would take oneor two a day, however remember No amount of supplements/training can make up for a poor diet.

As for what Teryy was saying Glucosamine sulphate is great for joints, as is Cod liver oil (which I believe has also been mentioned).

Paul
« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2007, 22:31 by chilled76 »
If you're not falling off, you're not getting faster!

[Trail_Rat]

• Global Moderator
  • God Like!
  • Never forget your beginner's spirit!
    • Trail-rat endurance racing
« Reply #32 on: Nov 13, 2007, 22:31 »
cooked veg ...wtf do you wanna do that for ?

eaten raw is the only acceptable way for most veg to be eaten
"i dont want to appear unsympathetic but i am so thats how it appears"

TurnerFan

• Global Moderator
  • God Like!
« Reply #33 on: Nov 13, 2007, 22:32 »
cooked veg ...wtf do you wanna do that for ?

eaten raw is the only acceptable way for most veg to be eaten

As I say if you MUST cook it then steamed is the only way.

Leigh2612

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • appalache/ solo airs
« Reply #34 on: Nov 13, 2007, 22:33 »
afaik the main benefit of glucosamine sulphate is joints but it is meant to take 3 months before you have a suffiecent amount in you to make any difference.
 Also can help some eye ailments, i haven't seen any research into colds or anything though?

i take glucosamine sulphate

because its supposed to help with joint tissue and fluid (my ankles and knees have stopped clicking more recently since ive started taking it ) but more because its well used in the army when they have a heavy schedule to keep there immune systems above board .... help them stop coming down with a cold. i take 1/3rd the RDA

as for vitamins im in the waste of time camp im pretty sure i get most of the vits and minerals from the food i eat ... i eat lots of fruit and veg , drink more milk than humanly possible and eat lots and lots of fresh meat
Quit your jibba jabba!

al.

• Immortal
  • God Like!
« Reply #35 on: Nov 13, 2007, 22:38 »
since this is a health thread some of you may know.. ive got some 1/2mm deep ridges running horizontally down my thumb nails and big toes each ridge dip or raise is about 3mm long or less... any ideas what im lacking? i dont drink much milk?
Usain Bolt ran at 40 mph to break his previous world record. You might think that's good, but if he hits a child there's an 80% chance she'll die.

TurnerFan

• Global Moderator
  • God Like!
« Reply #36 on: Nov 13, 2007, 22:43 »
since this is a health thread some of you may know.. ive got some 1/2mm deep ridges running horizontally down my thumb nails and big toes each ridge dip or raise is about 3mm long or less... any ideas what im lacking? i dont drink much milk?

Oh my god al you've got gay  :D

al.

• Immortal
  • God Like!
« Reply #37 on: Nov 13, 2007, 22:45 »
nah i just heard off someone passing comment and by trying to google it that it could be kidney problem or mineral deficency!
Usain Bolt ran at 40 mph to break his previous world record. You might think that's good, but if he hits a child there's an 80% chance she'll die.

Leigh2612

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • appalache/ solo airs
« Reply #38 on: Nov 13, 2007, 23:02 »

maybe its those pointless vitamin supplements!

i think it a vitamin C shortage in fact.
Quit your jibba jabba!

al.

• Immortal
  • God Like!
« Reply #39 on: Nov 13, 2007, 23:02 »
i drink silly amounts of tropicana though?

Leigh2612

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • appalache/ solo airs
« Reply #40 on: Nov 13, 2007, 23:15 »
dunno buddy, i just googled it. might be worth asking a pharmacist/ doctor? If it maybe a sign of kidney issues it won't hurt to get it checked out....?
Quit your jibba jabba!

fireball
« Reply #41 on: Nov 25, 2007, 22:14 »
am starting these tips after crimbo

the machine

• Senior
« Reply #42 on: Nov 25, 2007, 22:30 »
i think getting into the job line of labour does wonders

i work on a farm and over the summer did some hay making , no thanks tot he bad wether we were lifting 40- 50 kg bails of hay onto a trailor and 1500 over2 and a 1/2  days got me built pretty good

PAINTBALL GUN FOR SALE

PM ME FOR DETAILS

xiphon

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • A southerner oop north!
« Reply #43 on: Nov 26, 2007, 11:33 »

maybe its those pointless vitamin supplements!

i think it a vitamin C shortage in fact.

Have you been ill recently?

When you've been ill - and I don't mean a small sniffle - your body does wierd things.  My ex had this happen to her - whenever she was ill (for weeks/months on end..), she would develop a ridge in her nails.  They would slowly grow out, but only after about a year or so.  Sometime's she'd have several ridges in her nails, indicating she'd been ill (with only a month or two inbetween sickness...).

Might be an old wives' tale, but the markings on her nails were faily accurate in timing..

Ali
I love citrus fruit!

Crash Master

• RRP
  • MTB Company
  • God Like!
  • RapidRacerProducts.com
    • RapidRacerProducts.com
« Reply #44 on: Nov 26, 2007, 19:13 »
Bloody knew my kebab and coke diet wasn't right.....

Seriously though, damn good articles, as with anything it needs personal commitment and that's the hardest part.

© 2019 Ride It Out