Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Paul's Weight loss tips.  (Read 86465 times)

TurnerFan

• Global Moderator
  • God Like!
  • Previously known as Chilled76
Re: Paul's Weight loss tips.
« Reply #105 on: Sep 30, 2008, 22:21 »
I find 2-3 times a week just smashing out a few supersets or pump sets works rather than destroying them less often

Pretty much that actually....I train every other day at the minute and am tagging my arms on to the end of every session. I'm trying not to train the rest of my body that hard either as it grows easier than my limbs but when I train arms I'm hitting them as hard as I can.....I have sill long arms and legs for my height so they tend to grow slower.

I'm kind of concentrating a fair bit on cardio at the minute as well and just being in shape rather than bodybuilding type training like I did years ago. Done with all that malarky..., just want to stay healthy and in good shape these days.

Paul
If you're not falling off, you're not getting faster!

Paul INITT

• Senior
  • ride HARDCORE, ride HARDTAIL.
« Reply #106 on: Oct 08, 2008, 20:36 »
so your back and legs are perfect already Paul INNIT?

:D

prity much yes, do quite alot of exercise and at rugby my coatch has worked on my back and leg muscles and arm more than any others and my legs are already quite powerfull and strong from when i used to do martial arts for ten years :)
www.myspace.com/cool_is_overated_

Riding Is Like A Drug, You Get Adicted To It, Spend All Of Your Money On It And Spend Your Life Behinind bars

Leigh2612

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • appalache/ solo airs
« Reply #107 on: Oct 09, 2008, 01:07 »
yeah but are they big...big chest and arms + small everythign else doesnt make you look good
Quit your jibba jabba!

Paul INITT

• Senior
  • ride HARDCORE, ride HARDTAIL.
« Reply #108 on: Oct 10, 2008, 17:30 »
yeah there quite big not overly big but there big in praportion to my arms. and when my arms start geting big i will work on other parts of my body more aswell as arms
www.myspace.com/cool_is_overated_

Riding Is Like A Drug, You Get Adicted To It, Spend All Of Your Money On It And Spend Your Life Behinind bars

The_Night_Sheep

• Senior
  • A.K.A. Wiggy
« Reply #109 on: Oct 22, 2008, 18:28 »
I have read all the tips in this topic and i am ready to give it a try in preperation for next season but the only problem i have is this.
It seems the basis of this sort of dieting is having a 'normal' routine day. This is not really possible for myself as i work alternating shift pattens 4 days on 4days off 2 weeks of days 2 weeks of nights. This plays havoc with sleeping pattens and eating routines as well as getting exercise on a regular basis.
So really my question is can i still make this work and can anyone come up with a plan for me to do this as i really need to shed a few pounds and get in shape for next year.

thanx
Team GiantPonyKrisis

TurnerFan

• Global Moderator
  • God Like!
« Reply #110 on: Oct 22, 2008, 19:00 »
I have read all the tips in this topic and i am ready to give it a try in preperation for next season but the only problem i have is this.
It seems the basis of this sort of dieting is having a 'normal' routine day. This is not really possible for myself as i work alternating shift pattens 4 days on 4days off 2 weeks of days 2 weeks of nights. This plays havoc with sleeping pattens and eating routines as well as getting exercise on a regular basis.
So really my question is can i still make this work and can anyone come up with a plan for me to do this as i really need to shed a few pounds and get in shape for next year.

thanx

Yes, just do what you can. The advice is for an ideal world. Smal changes to  a diet and exercise plan can still work wonders.

As I say, do what you can and adapt the rest to fit yourself.

Paul

waynno

« Reply #111 on: Nov 06, 2008, 10:27 »
good stuff dude

nodwas

• House surfing!!! Kinises maxlight Pha5e
« Reply #112 on: Nov 24, 2008, 21:03 »
I am a student and was wondering if anyone has tried this on student budgets time frames.
I don't really have the time being in my final year to manage the whole 6 meals a day etc and am on a pretty tight budget.

I would consider myself pretty active i do outdoor adventure as a degree and climb very regularly and ride and walk and ski regularly and i run every known and then!

However i apear to be stuck with moobs (not massive haha) and a bit roudn the old waist chubby but not very would be a good description!

I do 100+ sit ups / crunches every night so its pretty hard under the layer!
Also i do 50 - 100 wide and narrorow armed press ups and assorted weights every night!

What will help me get rid of them?

Hope someone can answer this just getting annoyed at having moobs would prefer pecks haha!

Cheers
Ride all day then ride all night ;)

Leigh2612

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • appalache/ solo airs
« Reply #113 on: Nov 25, 2008, 11:45 »
souds like its just fat mate, so its down to CV/ diet more than  likely.
Quit your jibba jabba!

Sam B

• Media Team
  • God Like!
« Reply #114 on: Feb 27, 2009, 08:53 »
I'm interested in doing the 6 small meals a day etc.....but how long until you start seeing results?

Then after you've gotten a size you're happy with, can you revert back to 3 meals a day, or do you have to continue with the 6 meals a day to hold your shape?
Looking for the elusive wonder gap

al.

• Immortal
  • God Like!
« Reply #115 on: Feb 28, 2009, 17:29 »
depends how fat you are... how hard you work and how good your routine is.

If you want to lose weight and tone up then do it knowing your doing good and dont question it as much.
Its a lifestyle changer so what you want to do ideally is a gradual change so that it trys to become the norm for then on to stay fit and healthy.

all sounds good on paper mind you :P
Usain Bolt ran at 40 mph to break his previous world record. You might think that's good, but if he hits a child there's an 80% chance she'll die.

Sam B

• Media Team
  • God Like!
« Reply #116 on: Feb 28, 2009, 19:43 »
I just want to reduce overall % fat....don't have that much fat on me. Just to be vain for the summer. ::)

Want to get to a toned body and stay there really. But if i'd have to stick to the 6 small meals a day for ever i wouldn't be able to do it!

I go the gym 3 times a week.

TurnerFan

• Global Moderator
  • God Like!
« Reply #117 on: Feb 28, 2009, 19:47 »
I just want to reduce overall % fat....don't have that much fat on me. Just to be vain for the summer. ::)

Want to get to a toned body and stay there really. But if i'd have to stick to the 6 small meals a day for ever i wouldn't be able to do it!

I go the gym 3 times a week.

Why don't you just try it and see rather than just talking about it?  ;)

Sam B

• Media Team
  • God Like!
« Reply #118 on: Feb 28, 2009, 19:51 »
Lol damn you! Really need to just jump into it. Am being a right pussy! I like eating lots of food, chocolate.....etc.  :D

I always eat till i'm fairly full....spose i just need to get out of the habit. I only weigh 10.5/11 stone, just want to tone up.

Need to write up a plan or something so i have something to keep to! Off to make some pasta....

After writing this, i realise it's completly pointless. ;D
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2009, 19:56 by Big Drop »

badgermeister

« Reply #119 on: Nov 10, 2009, 19:11 »
i'm just about to start the 'big shift' on the fat i've put on since a skiing injury that has taken 3 years to resolve! i'm taking the VLCD approach (very low calorie diet) and just consuming around 700 calories (mostly protein based plus vitamins) per day and consuming large amounts of stimulants to suppress my appetite as well.  I gather this is against the healthier approach as i need to lose around 4 stone and being sensible doesn't give me the more rapid result i am desperately after.  i seem to be doing fine and just consuming a large amount of fluids everyday to make sure my kidneys don't suffer from it.  Breaking the back of the first 2-3 days is the worst but once you switch your metabolism to burning bodyfat for fuel as opposed to carbohydrate your hunger is massively reduced. come january i will start biking again (my physio expects it to be ok then) and i'll have to start smashing a proper cardio and weights program out and increase carbs slowly.  I've knocked off 4kg this week but expect 1-2kg a week from now on as its mostly water content lost initially.  i will keep you posted! Whats the guys out here verdict on ephedrine? I know the side effects and risks involved by the way

© 2019 Ride It Out