Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Le Pleney Lift 2013  (Read 57545 times)

MrNuts

Le Pleney Lift 2013
« on: Sep 09, 2012, 15:54 »
Hi Guys,
Heard wispers that the old oven that is the pleney lift is being replaced next year. does anyone know if this is true? what are the proposed alternatives?

Cheers

Nuts
« Last Edit: Sep 12, 2012, 11:27 by MrNuts »

Chazz

• Senior
Re: Le Plenny Lift 2013
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2012, 11:41 »
Probably be a new, updated bubble, theres no way they would make it any different, they wouldn't move as many people on a chairlift, as it is a pretty main lift in the PDS for both winter and summer...

Charlie
If your not living on the edge your taking up too much room

MrNuts

« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2012, 11:58 »
Sorry, what i meant was what will the alternative be WHILST it's being done? i heard a whisper that they'll be using the one next to it that's slow, during the summer season

ilovedirt99

• God Like!
« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 2012, 12:42 »
They used the service lift next to it while it was broken for about a week and a half while I was there this year. pi**ed off was not the word, had to queue for about an hour to get on the lift (this was before the main PDS area opened).

MrNuts

« Reply #4 on: Sep 10, 2012, 12:49 »
They used the service lift next to it while it was broken for about a week and a half while I was there this year. pi**ed off was not the word, had to queue for about an hour to get on the lift (this was before the main PDS area opened).

a mate was there the same time, last week of june!  This is my concern, i'm booked there for week 28, just want to know if it's bucked i won't bother with a second week.

ilovedirt99

• God Like!
« Reply #5 on: Sep 10, 2012, 13:04 »
To be fair, it wasn't so bad. You get up a little earlier, queue for an hour and once you're over in les gets it's fine. It just meant we couldn't really ride Pleney (which was a shame because it's an awesome trail, and we never even got to check out the off piste stuff up there). If you go when the rest of the PDS is open as well, there's loads more riding you can do without needing to get on the Pleney lift, Pleney only accesses another three lifts, there's about another 20 if you go over the Supermorzine way.

MrNuts

« Reply #6 on: Sep 10, 2012, 13:28 »
Le Plenny was riding awesome this year with French Bods busy all the week we were there sorting the braking bumps,, unlike Les Gets,,,,,  >:(

ilovedirt99

• God Like!
« Reply #7 on: Sep 10, 2012, 13:52 »
I saw people working on les gets when I was there early in the season digging some of the braking bumps out, it doesn't last though, you get so many people dragging their brakes down there.

Chazz

• Senior
« Reply #8 on: Sep 10, 2012, 21:39 »
Sorry, what i meant was what will the alternative be WHILST it's being done? i heard a whisper that they'll be using the one next to it that's slow, during the summer season

I see, they normally do work like that between seasons, thats why they have gaps between the summer and winter seasons, I wouldn't have thought It would affect the normal running in season time, but saying that the PDS can't even manage to fix breaking bumps, so you never know...

Charlie
If your not living on the edge your taking up too much room

MrNuts

« Reply #9 on: Sep 11, 2012, 09:16 »
I see, they normally do work like that between seasons, thats why they have gaps between the summer and winter seasons, I wouldn't have thought It would affect the normal running in season time, but saying that the PDS can't even manage to fix breaking bumps, so you never know...

Charlie

This is my concern!!  :(

ilovedirt99

• God Like!
« Reply #10 on: Sep 11, 2012, 14:34 »
Mate, as I already pointed out, you say you're going there for week 28, when ALL of the PDS lifts are open. Pleney lift only provides access to Pleney and the three lifts in Les Gets. Over the Super morzine side there is about another 20 lifts servicing Super Morzine, Avoriaz, Lindarets, Chatel, Morgins, Les Crosets, Champery and more. And as Chazz said, they will most likely be sorting the lift in the off season anyway, so it'll likely not make much difference. Even so, if you wait an hour for the service lift on Pleney, you can spend the rest of the day in Les Gets in anyway. The closure of the Pleney lift will pretty much make zero difference to your trip. I spent a good week+ in Morzine with the Pleney lift running on the service lift rather than the main one before the Super Morzine lift even opened and still managed to have a good time. Stop worrying about it, it's certainly not a reason to cut your holiday a week short.

I think this map illustrates my point nicely.

MrNuts

« Reply #11 on: Sep 12, 2012, 08:42 »
I know about the other lifts, this will be my 4th year out, my concern is do i sacrifice more holiday days to spend the 2nd week in morz only to find the Plenny is closed, as u say there are other lifts but this year in the wet the plenny run was the best run, avoriaz, super morz were a mess.

uphilldownhill

• Senior
  • SDH Rocks!
« Reply #12 on: Sep 12, 2012, 09:51 »
If they were replacing it, I'd be surprised if they did it over the summer. Most ski resort lift work is done in the autumn, before the season, and once you've got the foundations in place, the rest of a lift goes up pretty quick.

Last I heard, they make a loss in the summer, so I can't see them deliberately scaring off even more potential customers. It'll be done in the off season for both summer and winter. They'll have a specific yearly closedown time when they do all this kind of work.

Still waiting on this supposed new Avoriaz/supermorzine lift.

Back Pedal

• Bike finding man of loveliness.
  • Immortal
  • God Like!
  • Moon
Re: Le Pleney Lift 2013
« Reply #13 on: Sep 12, 2012, 09:59 »
It's 'Le Pleney'.

Secondly:

"La station de Morzine a validé le projet du remplacement de la Télécabine et du Téléphérique du Pleney. Ces deux là seront remplacés par une télécabine. Nous vous communiquerons plus de détails prochainement. Ces travaux seront réalisés durant l'été 2013 ce qui veut donc dire que la station de Morzine n'ouvrira pas son domaine VTT durant l'été 2013. La télécabine de marque Pomagalski a été construite en 1980. D'après les premières infos, la ligne resterait identique. Informations à suivre."

"Morzine has confirmed that the replacement of the Pleney telecabine (gondola) and telepherique (cable car). Both of them are replaced with a single telecabine. We will have more details soon. The work will be carried out during the summer of 2013 which means that Morzine's biking area will remain closed during summer 2013. The existing telecabine, branded Pomagalski was built in 1980. Current information suggests the location of the telecabine will not change. More info. to follow."

Source: http://portesdusoleil.kazeo.com/les-projets/projets-morzine,a3287812.html

I would question the reliability of this. I have heard that it will be open until at least the 18th of August, but that is just Morzine rumor mill.

As far as alternatives to go up, now that the viking lift (cable car - telepherique) is also being replaced then I would suggest that they will/might/should use the two chair lifts to take people to the top. Failing that I guess they will have a bus shuttle service to Les Gets to avoid loosing customers that way.

I remember one year when they replaced the old Super Morzine chair lift with the new one there is now they used buses to ferry you to Avoriaz/PDS. I guess this might be most likely option, assuming there are no running lifts on Pleney summer 2013.

Here is some more information on the Pleney: http://www.remontees-mecaniques.net/bdd/reportage-3599.html

Uphilldownhill, it depends on the work they have to do. The new lift is currently well underway (since the end of winter 2011/12) at Prodains and would have been ready for the start of winter if it were not for an accident involving the cable. They think the new lift will be ready for Jan/Feb 2013 now. This work has taken over 8 months.

As far as just completing it in the autumn, possible but hard to do considering the worsening of the weather in October/November. You can't build on snow! It is too much of a risk, winter is their biggest earner and if the lift is not complete for winter then they are up sh*t creek without a paddle. I am not sympathising with them, I would be just as annoyed if there is no Pleney next year but if we get a new telecabine then that is cool.
www.rideon.co.uk www.slikgraphics.com Team Ride-on/Slik Graphics

MrNuts

Re: Le Pleney Lift 2013
« Reply #14 on: Sep 12, 2012, 11:27 »
It's 'Le Pleney'.

Secondly:

"La station de Morzine a validé le projet du remplacement de la Télécabine et du Téléphérique du Pleney. Ces deux là seront remplacés par une télécabine. Nous vous communiquerons plus de détails prochainement. Ces travaux seront réalisés durant l'été 2013 ce qui veut donc dire que la station de Morzine n'ouvrira pas son domaine VTT durant l'été 2013. La télécabine de marque Pomagalski a été construite en 1980. D'après les premières infos, la ligne resterait identique. Informations à suivre."

"Morzine has confirmed that the replacement of the Pleney telecabine (gondola) and telepherique (cable car). Both of them are replaced with a single telecabine. We will have more details soon. The work will be carried out during the summer of 2013 which means that Morzine's biking area will remain closed during summer 2013. The existing telecabine, branded Pomagalski was built in 1980. Current information suggests the location of the telecabine will not change. More info. to follow."

Source: http://portesdusoleil.kazeo.com/les-projets/projets-morzine,a3287812.html

I would question the reliability of this. I have heard that it will be open until at least the 18th of August, but that is just Morzine rumor mill.

As far as alternatives to go up, now that the viking lift (cable car - telepherique) is also being replaced then I would suggest that they will/might/should use the two chair lifts to take people to the top. Failing that I guess they will have a bus shuttle service to Les Gets to avoid loosing customers that way.

I remember one year when they replaced the old Super Morzine chair lift with the new one there is now they used buses to ferry you to Avoriaz/PDS. I guess this might be most likely option, assuming there are no running lifts on Pleney summer 2013.

Here is some more information on the Pleney: http://www.remontees-mecaniques.net/bdd/reportage-3599.html

Uphilldownhill, it depends on the work they have to do. The new lift is currently well underway (since the end of winter 2011/12) at Prodains and would have been ready for the start of winter if it were not for an accident involving the cable. They think the new lift will be ready for Jan/Feb 2013 now. This work has taken over 8 months.

As far as just completing it in the autumn, possible but hard to do considering the worsening of the weather in October/November. You can't build on snow! It is too much of a risk, winter is their biggest earner and if the lift is not complete for winter then they are up sh*t creek without a paddle. I am not sympathising with them, I would be just as annoyed if there is no Pleney next year but if we get a new telecabine then that is cool.

Excelent, thanks for that Alex.

It wont stop me going for a week, but it may stop me going for 2 and i'll spend the other on a beach!!! :)

© 2019 Ride It Out