I’ve not had the fortune to have a good try with POC products before. Now I’m happy to say I have a few bits to try out and report back on. First off are these sweet looking Crave sunglasses.
I’ve always liked the look of POC gear, I’ve mostly found it to have a minimalist yet stylish look. Not a fan of fussy design, I’ve always been fond of the POC look. I’m happy to say these sunnies haven’t let me down either.
They come in a neat little semi-hard case which should do a great job of protecting them, there’s also space for a spare lens. There’s also a soft, drawstring bag included too. A range of different coloured frames are available to match different kit and various lenses suited to different conditions.
Lens Features – (brown/green mirror lens)
- Light condition – Bright sun
- Lens treatments – Ripel, multi-layer mirror
- VLT – 10.3%
- Lens category – Cat3
- Lens type – PC lens by Carl Zeiss Vision
- Frame – Unobtaniun Yellow, Uranium Black, Pentose Grey, Molybdentine Green/Phospate Green, Hydrogen White/Navy Black, Uranium Black/Green Lens
- Lens – Grey 13.3, Light Blue 58.2, Light Blue/Electric Mirror 24.8, Brown/Bronze Mirror 23.8, Brown/Green Mirror 10.3
Frame Features –
- Hydrophilic rubber
- Interchangeable lens
- Snap in hinge
In the event of a crash, the arms are designed to snap out of place, hopefully I won’t get to test that out too thoroughly.
These have been seamlessly integrate with POC’s Tectal (see above and also on test, coming soon) and Tectal Race helmets. I’m sure we’ve all tried to match sunglasses with helmets and come across combinations that just don’t work, first impressions on the fit are all good. As are overall first impressions, fit/quality/style are all on point.
Next up is the POC Tectal lid, watch this space…..
POC Crave – £225.00