“The new Stormrider gear is a relaunch of a riders’ favourite from a few years ago. Completely redesigned, but with the essence of the gear remains the same – maximum versatility.” ONeal.
Stormrider Jersey –
One of the first things you notice about the jersey is the seam 3/4 of the way down the sleeve –
“The Stormrider jersey offers the option to run it long-sleeves or 3/4 with a neat second seam allowing the sleeve to be tucked up for more airflow, then dropping back down for warmth and lower-arm protection when needed” ONeal
- Long Sleeves
- Flat seams at 3/4 point on sleeves to allow for fray free cutting or tuck back for customising
- Relaxed fit
- Fast-wicking, quick-drying, breathable
- Secure side pocket with zipper
- Extended tail to tuck into shorts
- built in goggle/glasses wipe
- S, M, L, XL, XXL
The seam part way down the sleeve allows the option to fold it up but more for those who might want to cut it to 3/4 length and still be left with a neat finish.
Stormrider Jersey Price -£54.95
Stormrider Shorts –
These shorts are a good length, for me at least. Not so long that they restrict movement but long enough to cover that dreaded T-Gap. They are cut with a little pre-bend in them to aid riding comfort and flexibility while riding. The material feels good and tough but still with some stretch and movement, not like the thick and bulky DH shorts you get.
- Extended over-the-knee to cover top pads while riding (know one likes the T-Gap)
- Mid-weight fast-wicking, quick-drying fabric for the perfect balance of durability/abrasion resistance
- Stretch Panels on seal/waist for improved movement
- Pre-curved leg tailoring for great bike fit
- Laser-Cut ventilation holes on inside of thighs
- 5 pockets: 2x zipper, 1x zipper rear waist, 2x thigh
- Integrated ski-pass holder in left thigh pocket
- Popper waist closure with side velcro adjustment
- Improved durability with tough material panel on the crotch and inside of legs
- Compatible with O’Neal inner padded shorts
- 28, 30, 32, 34, 36, 38
Stormrider Shorts Price – £99.95
Mayhem Glove –
I tend to prefer a simple and minimal pull-on glove, without too many bells and whistles. These combine that minimal feel but with the addition of a secure velcro strap at the wrist.
- Silicone print for better grip
- Durable and flexible materials for perfect fit
- Super light design with cool, unfading graphics
- Seamless rollover fingertips
- Synthetic leather palm with double-layer thumb reinforcement
- Adjustable velcro on the wrist
- S, L
On the palm and fingers there is the silicone print, as well as a design feature, it’s also there to aid grip.
Mayhem Glove Price – £27.95
I’ve also got the O’Neal Pinned Pro riding shoes, watch this space for the First Look on them.
Photos – Rich Bennett