THE EX presented by DMRBIKES is a three day mountain bike enduro to take place in the north east corner of Exmoor. The area offers a sheer endless network of tracks and trails which provide the perfect setup for this new and exclusive event.
On the 16-18th September 2016 a maximum of 80 riders will pitch up in our event village in Allerford (between Minehead and Porlock) and will be served some of the best riding the South West has to offer.
Expect some great climbs and amazing descents, some great on and off the track hospitality, 4-6 special stages per day and an uplift in the morning thrown in for good measure.
Here the details of THE EX (all of this is included in the entry fee):
• Three days riding (Friday start around 12noon, Saturday all ‘dayer’, Sunday finish mid afternoon)
• 4-6 timed gravity special stages each day (dibber timing system)
• Course length 35-45km each day (approx. 2,000m climbing each day)
• Fully marked course
• Uplift every day for an easier start
• Medical cover and marshals at key stations
• On course water/feed stations and vintage tea stop
• Truly scrumptious locally sources and prepared food – full board
• Free beers and drinks etc.
• Daily prizes
• Over all trophies
• Camping with hot showers and flushing loos
• Evening entertainment
• Free Wifi in event village
• Finishing gift / goody bag
• Group discounts and bonus schemes – please contact email@example.com for details
The riding in the area is demanding – on the way up as well as on the way down. Riders will have to work on the ups but boy do you get their ‘rewards’ on the way down. You will find a great mixture of rocky tracks, demanding route trails, fast flowing single track, some former DH tracks and even some ‘more or less’ purpose build stuff…but don’t expect pristine trail centre trails…this is mountain biking like it used to be. We are aware that 35-45km doesn’t sound much but be assured you will get a full day’s riding for your money and we would be very surprised if you are going to feel short changed in the evening.
We will start every ride with an uplift which will give everybody a helping hand but also divide the 80 riders into two starting groups which will ease possible queues at the start of our special stages.
THE EX presented by DMRBIKES has a male and a female category as well as a hardtail category. With DMR producing some of the finest trail hardtails around we wanted to incorporate that into our event.
Have a look what we have in stall for you:
To test the waters and to gain some feedback from the press and a very selected group of riders we run a test event in 2015. Have a look at the video below to see what THE EX presented by DMRBIKES will be all about.
Entries to THE EX presented by DMRBIKES are open now @ www.the-ex.co.uk.