Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: BUCS DH Champs 2014  (Read 19918 times)

The Bolt

• Senior
  • SDH Rocks!
Re: BUCS DH Champs 2014
« Reply #75 on: Mar 27, 2014, 15:51 »
do you still not know where this is and when?

kev-roberts

• Junior
« Reply #76 on: Mar 27, 2014, 18:31 »
do you still not know where this is and when?
To put it simply, we know absolutely bugger all.

No country (they've hinted at it definitely almost possibly being in Scotland)
No Venue
No dates
No nothin'
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2014, 18:42 by kev-roberts »
North Wales -- Giant Glory/Ragley Bagger

AlexKeane

• Senior
« Reply #77 on: Mar 28, 2014, 12:11 »
BUCS giving us plenty of notice, as per.

BUCS Downhill 2014 Champs
Entries will open today. Venue Caersws. Dates 18th-19th April.

http://www.bucs.org.uk/calendar_popup.asp?itemid=14284&surround=true
BOOOOOOOOOOOM

laza10

• Junior
« Reply #78 on: Mar 28, 2014, 12:20 »
brilliant, they really need to get their bloody act together next year!

PaddyHill

« Reply #79 on: Mar 28, 2014, 12:27 »
Perhaps not ideal but no other options were available - I promise that things will be different next year having already spent considerable time on this.
See you at Caersws - and take note of the new regulation re helmet cameras!

AlexKeane

• Senior
« Reply #80 on: Mar 28, 2014, 12:45 »
As has been said before, thank you for all the effort sorting this out - just a shame that everything appears to go to s**t once BUCS get involved!

On a slightly different note, have you been speaking to the guys getting BUDS sorted? I think there's a lot of support for moving away from BUCS (from the outside it appears that everything would be much easier to organise if BUCS weren't involved) and I can't see the universities caring enough about BUCS DH for it to have any significant effect on club funding from our end 
BOOOOOOOOOOOM

3lfd3wd

« Reply #81 on: Mar 28, 2014, 13:12 »
This is great, I was considering it dead in the water, so to have it announced at a good venue and a good date is brilliant. Now, to scramble on entries! Someone on facebook asked about alumnis 'still being allowed to enter', did I miss something here? Can they this year, or is that just a rumour?

platt55

« Reply #82 on: Mar 28, 2014, 13:30 »
Great that it's finally sorted. Thanks to Paddy for your work on it and hopefully it will be easier and quicker in terms of organisation next year as you say.

Hopefully BUDS gets enough support to get rolling so that maybe we can move away from BUCS though.

PaddyHill

« Reply #83 on: Mar 28, 2014, 13:50 »
Will check on Alumni entries - thanks to Chris Roberts also who has spent many a hour. Together we have every intention to get the date and venue sorted in Sept for 2015. I could detail the complete story but all I can say is that BUCS had all the information required on 31st August 2013 to progress and secure a venue and date for this year.
BUDS - good luck with this - what would really help would be a core of trained officials to cover this series. One major problem for BC is the lack of officials and thus at times restricts securing dates and venues. If there is any interest in this I can get BC to put on a course and a central location. Just contact me via this or facebook page.

ilovedirt99

• God Like!
« Reply #84 on: Mar 28, 2014, 13:59 »
Will check on Alumni entries - thanks to Chris Roberts also who has spent many a hour. Together we have every intention to get the date and venue sorted in Sept for 2015. I could detail the complete story but all I can say is that BUCS had all the information required on 31st August 2013 to progress and secure a venue and date for this year.
Thanks for all the hard work Paddy, it's definitely appreciated. I think it's safe to say that without guys like you and chris that know what they're doing, DH BUCS just wouldn't happen.
I think it would be great if we could get BUDS off the ground. Personally I don't think BUCS deserve our money. If it wasn't such a great event for the university mtb club (and probably my last one), I wouldn't bother going.

miki

• SDH Rocks!
« Reply #85 on: Mar 28, 2014, 14:43 »
Cheers Paddy. Any word on xc BUCS? I imagine it'll be Dronfield again, but no official word yet. I can't ride the DH because I'm back home for Easter unfortunately (not based on the mainland).

PaddyHill

« Reply #86 on: Mar 28, 2014, 14:59 »
BUCS XC 7th June Birchall - as against SAG Cycling meeting at BUCS in December which outlined 6th April as a good date. The XC is actually one event at risk of being removed from the BUCS calendar BUT I would consider we have enough of an argument about how BUCS have handled fixing a date and venue to avoid that situation. Will be in discussion with Chris R for combined event next year!

ilovedirt99

• God Like!
« Reply #87 on: Mar 28, 2014, 18:41 »
A combined event again would be ace! They used to be so much better like that!

kev-roberts

• Junior
« Reply #88 on: Mar 28, 2014, 18:44 »
A combined event again would be ace! They used to be so much better like that!
agreed, if its a combined event then you have to get Alumni involved, I felt like I've missed out on those!
North Wales -- Giant Glory/Ragley Bagger

iainc92

• Senior
« Reply #89 on: Mar 30, 2014, 19:13 »
Will we see any freshly cut sections like last year? The guys did an awesome job opening up loads of new lines at Combe!

© 2013 Ride It Out