Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: riding troubles  (Read 489 times)

mrwood120

riding troubles
« on: Mar 17, 2012, 15:16 »
Ive gone from a orange 222 with boxxer forks toa 09 commencal supreme with boxxers and im having trouble lifting the front wheel.  I can lift it but when doing jumps or going off drops i find the front drop down so much quicker then the 222.

Any ideas? You can adjust the the wheel base and the head angle, but i dont know anything about geometry so some help would be good please
ta

Gary

• Immortal
  • Senior
Re: riding troubles
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2012, 15:36 »
I'd expect people will probably chime in with helpful advice on set-up and bike sizing comparisons between the two frames but all you really need to do is learn to manual, once you can manual well you'll be able to raise the front on pretty much any bike (so long as it's not massively too big for you).

Rob.

• God Like!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2012, 15:37 »
You might need a shorter stem, or a shorter bike

mrwood120

« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2012, 16:18 »
ok ta, ive got a short stem already, will shortening the wheelbase help?

Rob.

• God Like!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2012, 17:01 »
ok ta, ive got a short stem already, will shortening the wheelbase help?

If anything it'll make it worse.

If your bars are at a funny angle that can make you dive, as can running a set of XC risers - as they have less backsweep so put you in a more forward position.

mrwood120

« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2012, 17:09 »
ok ta, i am runnig bars of my old orange blood so more am bars, i was only looking at the renthal bars today ..

lachoman

• Senior
« Reply #6 on: Mar 18, 2012, 05:46 »
I found when i moved to a longer (wheelbase) bike, I have to throw my weight into bunnyhops etc more as the bike seems more lazy/cumbersome, if the back end of your new bike is any longer than the orange then it could be a similar issue, try bossing the bike a bit more, man handle it!!

Marrrrk

• God Like!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 18, 2012, 09:35 »
Poorly balanced suspension set up may be affecting it too. Is your rebound similar back and front? I'd try playing around with that.

adam_hicks

• Senior
« Reply #8 on: Mar 18, 2012, 10:45 »
The front end of these bikes do not lift up! Two of my friends have them and it requires an inhumane effort to get the front end up properly, think I've managed it once.

Cpt_Lovesboob

• Find the vanishing point
« Reply #9 on: Mar 20, 2012, 12:42 »
I get a similar thing on my v10: getting into a manual on flat is proper hard work, but if you say your dropping the nose in jumps maybe you just need time on the bike to get used to the different body position. I wouldnt start faffing with the geo, your body can make adjustments far more acuratly than anglesets and offset mounts.
"Right!...Let's insert some physics!"

© 2013 Ride It Out