Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What's Rheola like?  (Read 2963 times)

ilovedirt99

• God Like!
Re: What's Rheola like?
« Reply #15 on: Mar 16, 2012, 17:55 »
Highroller on the back whatever.....
Personal preference, I wouldn't run a high roller unless it was super dry and compact, which it probably isn't going to be at Rheola!

haydn

• Senior
  • shouldn't you be riding
« Reply #16 on: Mar 17, 2012, 02:13 »
im just going to say Starwars be ready for it

ace

« Reply #17 on: Mar 17, 2012, 17:48 »
Didn't star wars get a massive revamp,  or is it back to it's former Glory ?

I beat Steve Peat in star wars  ;D on me hardtail....now at the first split Peaty was only nearly twice as fast as me,  but he tried to pull his foot off in star wars.  2007 national champs,  rained then,  also rained when i did the welsh champs that year.

So do lots of press up for arm pump.
Take lots of tear offs,  you may get lucky and have it dry.
Take lots of midge spray as well,  they eat you alive in the uplift queue  ;D

Have a blast the track is great fun.
Who Dares Bins

haydn

• Senior
  • shouldn't you be riding
« Reply #18 on: Mar 18, 2012, 14:04 »
no idea not been to rheola since 2009, it was the best part of the track for me as a spectator loads of crashing  :laugh:

-Nic-

« Reply #19 on: Mar 18, 2012, 20:56 »
Anyone know what the uplift is like? Slightly concerned as last time I raced BUCS, the molfre uplift tore my bike to shreds. And there is no way I am going to put the new bike though that! (Although I understand the molfre uplift is particularly bad for bike damage)

Cheers

mr-sam

• Senior
  • !
« Reply #20 on: Mar 19, 2012, 01:08 »
When I did the WDMBA there in October the uplift was pretty good. I guess itl be the same.

They were buses that had the back half of the seats taken out and bikes just go in sideays in the back. And theres a sheet of plasticy stuff inbetween each bike. Plus if its raining its nice to have you and the bike out of the rain on the way up
WANTED...
-Angleset for 127mm/5" headtube for IH Sunday
-Thin Saddle... Charge Knife / Funn Skinny RL / Sunline v1 / Selle Italia SLR etc.

JLo

• God Like!
  • Ride Central
    • Ride Central
« Reply #21 on: Mar 20, 2012, 00:06 »
My favourite track in the world! It's brutal, take tropical insect repellent and deep heat. Part of the struggle is maintaining concentration, I lost it on the easiest single track at the bottom because I was so tired, ended up 20-30ft down the hill and woke up neck deep in loam, great fun!

elmo20

« Reply #22 on: Mar 20, 2012, 01:33 »
How doable is it on a hardtail? Sadly the bike I purchased last week especially in time for BUCS this weekend was stolen along with my XC bike so I'm having to borrow a mate's little Norco hardtail.

cheers

Dougie S

« Reply #23 on: Mar 20, 2012, 02:32 »
How doable is it on a hardtail? Sadly the bike I purchased last week especially in time for BUCS this weekend was stolen along with my XC bike so I'm having to borrow a mate's little Norco hardtail.

cheers

anything is doable on a hardtail. unless youre racing purely for the competition then there's no reason you should be put off riding a hardtail. its more fun even if you somehow take a beating because of a lack of squish

jimmi

• Immortal
  • Senior
  • Hitler only did it for the chicks
« Reply #24 on: Mar 20, 2012, 09:01 »
Rheolas scary as feck! I almost went blind in rheola. Seriously even the diets evil up there! Don't get that stuff in your eyes!
http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1365379/

My old bike, i sold it for a song.....im very very very upset :'(

Mutterz

• Senior
« Reply #25 on: Mar 20, 2012, 13:59 »
Incredible track, first big race I ever did was a dragon at Rheola, absolutely murked myself and destroyed my bike, ended up doing my race runs chainless. Needless to say running across the fire roads was fun.

AlexKeane

• Senior
« Reply #26 on: Mar 20, 2012, 15:45 »

cheers

Sad times buddy, hope you get the bike back.

I'll be on a hardtail too, from what my mates who were there last year said there's always some good competition for the unofficial hardtail category!
BOOOOOOOOOOOM

elmo20

« Reply #27 on: Mar 20, 2012, 16:57 »
Cheers mate, so do I.
Be good to record as many hardtail times as possible then, post 'em all up here.

ilovedirt99

• God Like!
« Reply #28 on: Mar 21, 2012, 01:34 »
Aye, was a good bit of competition in the unofficial hardtail category last year, I think I came pretty much dead last in that one :P Super stoked for this year racing on a proper downhill bike with a year's worth of downhill riding under the belt!

AlexKeane

• Senior
« Reply #29 on: Mar 21, 2012, 11:59 »
Looks like I might not be racing the unofficial hardtail cat after all... I think our SA didn't get our entries in on time and no riders from Bath are on the entry list.

Bollocks.
BOOOOOOOOOOOM

© 2013 Ride It Out