Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DH bike options  (Read 597 times)

dicobraz

DH bike options
« on: Mar 09, 2012, 14:28 »
Hi Everyone

Looking to get a decent downhill rig

Initial option was to get GT Fury carbon 2012 carbon frame and build it up gradually, after some tome talking to people and reading around, seems to be a a long time and a lot of money investments (even thou I think would worth at the end).

However, i know end up with 3 other options.

1. Gt Fury Al. 2 2012
http://www.gtbicycles.com/gbr/2012/bikes/mountain/gravity/2012-fury-alloy-2-0
Good platform to tweak later on and good overall specs to kick off

2. YT industries TUES. 2
http://www.yt-industries.com/shop/index.php?page=product&info=215
Good value for money, not sure on the frame

3. Canyon torque FRX 9.0
http://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=2581
Good value for money, thats how much i know about this bike. Specs look pretty good thou

What do you think? Other suggestions are welcomed

Doddsy2801

• Junior
Re: DH bike options
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2012, 15:12 »
the canyon hands down, for the money the spec is awesome, struggle to match that on most 5 grand bikes, an if you dont like the frame, change it out for sumit you do like. simples. :)

toys19

• Junior
« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2012, 15:17 »
Hands down the YT Tues 2.0. Its a grand cheaper than the canyon, only 2499.

dicobraz

« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2012, 15:21 »
the canyon hands down, for the money the spec is awesome, struggle to match that on most 5 grand bikes, an if you dont like the frame, change it out for sumit you do like. simples. :)

thats one thing i haven't thought of:) thank for the heads up

what about this frame, is it any good? maybe wouldnt want to change it. would be good to get a test ride somewhere

dicobraz

« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2012, 15:26 »

yeah the price is awesome, specs are not too bad as well, doesn't much canyon but not by far

its just a bit weird, for such price, where is the catch? makes me think that the frame, geometry is going to let me down

toys19

• Junior
« Reply #5 on: Mar 09, 2012, 15:57 »
Well dirt have put it in their top 100 for 2012 so something about it must be good..

dirt.mpora.com/news/2012-dirt-100-yt-industries-tues-dh.html
« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2012, 17:44 by toys19 »

Doddsy2801

• Junior
« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2012, 17:02 »

thats one thing i haven't thought of:) thank for the heads up

what about this frame, is it any good? maybe wouldnt want to change it. would be good to get a test ride somewhere

I have no personal experience of the frame so im not in a position to pass judgement, but i havent read any major negatives about  it. Angles and weight arent supposed to be too bad, i think people change the frame for asthetic reasons more than anything, but thats individual tastes i guess, cant catter for everyone. :)

tabletopmedia

• Junior
« Reply #7 on: Mar 09, 2012, 19:46 »

yeah the price is awesome, specs are not too bad as well, doesn't much canyon but not by far

its just a bit weird, for such price, where is the catch? makes me think that the frame, geometry is going to let me down

Heres ya answer, http://www.yt-industries.com/en/company/sales-and-distribution/

Cut out the middleman and pass savings to you

Rob-is-on-fire

• Senior
« Reply #8 on: Mar 09, 2012, 20:35 »
I ride a 2011 Torque frx. highly recommend. The 2012 frame has changed a lot but my one is great even though i had to slacken it off with an offset headset cups. Angles have been fixed for 2012 and the frame has been slimmed down, mine is built like a tank. I originally bought the bike with the same thinking as said above - if i didn't like the bike I would swap the frame out for something well-proven. Anyway, the frame's been great so it's here to stay.

The YT is also an awesome bike. If i was buying again, I would find it very difficult not to by the YT. I chose the Canyon based on my prefered manufactures, shimano, fox, easton...

© 2013 Ride It Out