Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Coaching?  (Read 1948 times)

[Rob]

• Ride.io
  • Site Admin
  • God Like!
  • Ride.io
    • Check out the home page
Coaching?
« on: Jan 26, 2012, 20:58 »
Anyone had coaching for riding at all?

We have just put together an interview with Campbell Coaching, see the homepage: http://www.southerndownhill.com/news/interviews/campbell-coaching-interview.html

Interested to see how many of you lot have ever had coaching or would consider it?
Change is good! Ride It Out.

Hertz32

Re: Coaching?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2012, 21:03 »
I would consider coaching. gettin off the ground and steep terrain in particular. was pushing up at inners to find these guys: http://www.dirtschool.co.uk/
looks like real good fun and the riders were getting loads out of it.

Hertz32

« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2012, 21:04 »
and i bought their DVD: http://www.dirtschool.co.uk/shop/dvds/dirt-school-dvd/
REALLY good. helped with my switchbacks no end.

TomW

• Senior
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2012, 21:48 »
I've had coaching and will have more in the future.  I'm firmly of the belief that you can always get better and that the faster you get better the more enjoyable your riding is.

There was a big chat on this a little while ago here BTW:  http://www.southerndownhill.com/forum/index.php/topic,256016.0.html

getonyourbike

• Junior
    • My Blog: Peter Lloyd MTB Racing
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2012, 22:33 »
I had a session with Campbell Coaching that I won at one of the said Gravity Enduros and I got quite a few things from it and I generally had a great day. Recommened!
I race Enduro for Team MDE Shaman, Rockguardz, EVOC, TORQ and Fibrax. Team sponsors are MDE Bikes, Shaman Racing, SRAM, Avid, Maxxis and ODI.

I like riding bikes.

nova power

• Immortal
  • Senior
  • www.bendeakin.net
    • www.bendeakin.net
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2012, 23:10 »
FOR QUALITY MTB COACHING AND TRAINING PLEASE VISIT  www.bendeakin.net

Dangerous Dave

• Senior
  • Meh
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2012, 02:36 »
Had coaching with Tony @ ukbikeskills and it's changed me completely. Can't recommend him enough!

At the time I was having a serious crisis of confidence which was tipping me on the edge of packing DH/FR in, but after a session I'm now back to my old self, wanting to jump off things just as much as anyone. Difference being now rather than just blindly bumbling through jumps and drops using full speed as a way of guaranteeing clearing something, I now apply the correct skillset to jumping and dropping and am far better in corners and pumping the trail to generate speed.

Coaching possibly isn't for everyone but for many it can make all the difference. Think of the amount of money you spend on forks, shocks, brakes etc to gain only a marginal increase in your performance - getting coached on the correct techinque is the best "upgrade" you can "buy". It's all about getting more fun out of riding and being safer at the same time.

Cpt_Lovesboob

• Find the vanishing point
« Reply #7 on: Jan 27, 2012, 08:55 »
I've had coaching at ukbikeskills. I've been recomending it to everyone I can. It can benefit you no matter how you ride, and whether or not you race. It's surprisingly hard work, lots to think about. I think it's an experience everyone should treat themselves to. Its really fun too, I didnt want to leave! Hope to go again soon. If your thinking about coaching then do it, you wont look back.
"Right!...Let's insert some physics!"

jonnybravo

• Senior
  • DH Rocks This Old Git!!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 27, 2012, 09:49 »
Another free plug Cheers Ben!

www.pegasusmtb.co.uk
Army Cycling Union,Racers Guild
Army DH Team blogspot
www.pegasusmtb.co.uk

jedi

• Immortal
  • Senior
    • http://ukbikeskills.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: Jan 28, 2012, 22:32 »
Had coaching with Tony @ ukbikeskills and it's changed me completely. Can't recommend him enough!

At the time I was having a serious crisis of confidence which was tipping me on the edge of packing DH/FR in, but after a session I'm now back to my old self, wanting to jump off things just as much as anyone. Difference being now rather than just blindly bumbling through jumps and drops using full speed as a way of guaranteeing clearing something, I now apply the correct skillset to jumping and dropping and am far better in corners and pumping the trail to generate speed.

Coaching possibly isn't for everyone but for many it can make all the difference. Think of the amount of money you spend on forks, shocks, brakes etc to gain only a marginal increase in your performance - getting coached on the correct techinque is the best "upgrade" you can "buy". It's all about getting more fun out of riding and being safer at the same time.

thanks dave  :)

littlegirlbunny

• Junior
« Reply #10 on: Jan 29, 2012, 11:08 »
I also had coaching from Jedi...

....worth every single penny and he totally changed my riding and mindset, the man thoroughly deserves the great reputation he has  ;D

ragged1100

« Reply #11 on: Jan 29, 2012, 18:30 »
We are looking to work with someone to offer coaching at Gawton as part of our new developments. If you're interested in offering regular coaching on some of the best DH tracks in the country get in touch via our website, http://www.woodlandriders.com/wrctf/ctf.php :)

dr.deano

• Senior
« Reply #12 on: Jan 29, 2012, 19:16 »
it always baffled me why there was so little coaching in DH when not in the pro ranks.

seems most of the folks that could really benefit are all the weekend warriors ( this includes myself)  if done on a regular basis.

Lets hope more folks see the light :)
I highly recommend never to shop with FLI/mtb-direct.
worst service ive ever come across in 10+ years of buying mtb parts from all over the world.

Londoner

• Immortal
  • God Like!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 29, 2012, 21:31 »
a number of my former customers (as well as riding friends) had coaching with Tony (Jedi) and highly recommended him  ;D

I am sure there are many good coaches out there like Tony (it seems to be a developing market) that riders can benefit from

_tom_

• Senior
« Reply #14 on: Jan 30, 2012, 11:12 »
Another +1 for Jedi/UK Bike Skills. Daves experience is pretty much the same as mine. Had some bad crashes that knocked my confidence but the skills day sorted me right out and I've been pushing my comfort zone since, all without a proper crash so far  :)

© 2013 Ride It Out