Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: BUCS MTB Champs - Update  (Read 8568 times)

sicky_ricky

• OH you may not love it, but orge does!!!
Re: BUCS MTB Champs - Update
« Reply #45 on: Jan 20, 2012, 18:59 »
There is progress, but all the parties need to be confirmed.  Paddy and BUCS (and myself) have been working on the Champs, but as you might imagine trying to source a DH track that is both challenging and can handle the camping and logistics hasn't been easy. 
As soon as confirmations have been met, it will be out.  ASAP.

DUNKELD!

this, so so so much

+1

is this a possibility for racing?? cos it is going to take llloooonnnngggg from portsmouth..

Just like it would've taken Aberdeen, Dundee etc. a llloooonnnngggg time to get to UKBP in 09 you mean  ;)

true, but then we didn't really have as much of an input into where the race was going to be held in 09, did we.
"Have you monster trucked through any rock gardens yet?....  Is it even monster truckable?"

laza10

• Junior
« Reply #46 on: Jan 21, 2012, 09:29 »
There is progress, but all the parties need to be confirmed.  Paddy and BUCS (and myself) have been working on the Champs, but as you might imagine trying to source a DH track that is both challenging and can handle the camping and logistics hasn't been easy. 
As soon as confirmations have been met, it will be out.  ASAP.

DUNKELD!

this, so so so much

+1

is this a possibility for racing?? cos it is going to take llloooonnnngggg from portsmouth..

Just like it would've taken Aberdeen, Dundee etc. a llloooonnnngggg time to get to UKBP in 09 you mean  ;)

true, but then we didn't really have as much of an input into where the race was going to be held in 09, did we.

I see where ur coming from but the same came for us with we forest... Oh well, hopefully the will pick something in the middle....

[Orge]

• Global Moderator
  • God Like!
  • "We can't stop here - this is bat country!!"
    • Ninjas are mammals
« Reply #47 on: Jan 21, 2012, 10:12 »
I see where ur coming from but the same came for us with we forest... Oh well, hopefully the will pick something in the middle....

Just man up and get on with the drive if it's miles away.
Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour

Foxo

« Reply #48 on: Jan 21, 2012, 10:41 »

Just man up and get on with the drive if it's miles away.

Agreed. Driving really isn't that hard, and i'd much rather drive further and ride something good than save on driving and ride something rubbish.

havefaith

« Reply #49 on: Jan 22, 2012, 14:29 »
Lets be honest, BUCS is filled with first time racers/weekend warriors. Dunkeld for them will be far to dangerous.

retep

• Senior
    • Southampton University Mountain Bike Club
« Reply #50 on: Jan 22, 2012, 15:02 »
Lets be honest, BUCS is filled with first time racers/weekend warriors. Dunkeld for them will be far to dangerous.

I don't see why. BUCS (or BUSA as it was then) has been at Dunkeld before. One of my mates who raced the DH there did so on his 120mm travel stumpy and lived to give a rave review of the place.

yetihenry

• God Like!
« Reply #51 on: Jan 22, 2012, 17:34 »
The stories on Dunkeld are pretty epic, but there are a lot of stories about people flying over the bars on steep rocks, its not as inclusive, its not in England (I know this is apparently an unofficial rule) and its been done before just 5 years ago.

I've also spoken to Dave Pearce, seeing as he is in charge of a large % of English tracks, and BUCS haven't contacted him, so it isn't at a Pearce track.

Rich_

• God Like!
« Reply #52 on: Jan 22, 2012, 21:24 »
is there any idea of a date when we might hear of the venue? Now that xc is seperate, have any of the wdmba tracks been considered?
Whistler 2011 Season. Yeaaaaaaaaa Buddy!

© 2013 Ride It Out