Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: BUCS MTB Champs - Update  (Read 8572 times)

willwild

Re: BUCS MTB Champs - Update
« Reply #30 on: Jan 07, 2012, 12:28 »
Are there any clues to the dates of these two events, or even a setup?  Will they be on consecutive weekends? or a couple weeks apart? Because I imagine most people who can drive the minibuses and vans will probably be 3/4 years and might struggle to take two weekends off running (I know I will)

What's going on with camping? will we be paying £30 per weekend to camp? Given that you can camp in farmer Jack's field pretty much free at all other events, last year seemed a little expensive.  I'd like to enter both events, it would be a shame to get priced out.

goose12

« Reply #31 on: Jan 08, 2012, 13:35 »
not sure if it has already been mentioned, but how will marshalling work if not xc marshalling downhill and vise versa? cant imagine too many people would want to/be able to go just to marshal.

yetihenry

• God Like!
« Reply #32 on: Jan 08, 2012, 17:10 »
Most events will pay around £60 costs and only need 10-12 marshals, if they can run a specific event it should mean they budget for that and I for one would happily pay a little more if it means they have marshals with some experience, for a race with such a varied level of riding ability marshals are put under even mOre strain than usual and some people just aren't very good at it.

-Nic-

« Reply #33 on: Jan 15, 2012, 09:50 »
Any update as to when both events will run? It would be good to know the dates soon to be honest. I know there are a few guys in our club that need to inform work of time off; the longer this is left the more difficult it becomes. Add to this lots of thesis work and weekends needed to gather research, I would quite like a definitive date to at least be a little organised before hand.

Thanks.
Nic

JackHammer

• Senior
  • SDH Rocks
    • Pinkbike Album
« Reply #34 on: Jan 15, 2012, 14:49 »
Any update as to when both events will run? It would be good to know the dates soon to be honest. I know there are a few guys in our club that need to inform work of time off; the longer this is left the more difficult it becomes. Add to this lots of thesis work and weekends needed to gather research, I would quite like a definitive date to at least be a little organised before hand.

Thanks.
Nic

Welcome to the world of MTB BUCs .
When all else fails, read the instructions

brownie biker

• Senior
« Reply #35 on: Jan 15, 2012, 19:44 »
On the BUCS cycling page here >>>> https://www.facebook.com/bucscycling

Paddy has commented saying the PROVISIONAL XC date is April 15th

I know this is a provisional but i'm sure Reading Uni is in the same boat as many others and that date is in the Easter holidays  :-\

hurbum

• Senior
    • Newcastle Uni Cycling Club
« Reply #36 on: Jan 16, 2012, 09:16 »
On the BUCS cycling page here >>>> https://www.facebook.com/bucscycling

Paddy has commented saying the PROVISIONAL XC date is April 15th

I know this is a provisional but i'm sure Reading Uni is in the same boat as many others and that date is in the Easter holidays  :-\

Same for Newcastle.
"plymuff massiff"
www.nclcycling.co.uk

havefaith

« Reply #37 on: Jan 18, 2012, 10:27 »
Last year information about dates, times and structure wherent given out until two and a half weeks before. Just have to hold on until then.

Otter CUL

« Reply #38 on: Jan 18, 2012, 16:39 »
There is progress, but all the parties need to be confirmed.  Paddy and BUCS (and myself) have been working on the Champs, but as you might imagine trying to source a DH track that is both challenging and can handle the camping and logistics hasn't been easy. 
As soon as confirmations have been met, it will be out.  ASAP.

yetihenry

• God Like!
« Reply #39 on: Jan 18, 2012, 21:15 »
Last year we had info about dates and venue in early jan, I'd entered all my riders by mid February.

[Orge]

• Global Moderator
  • God Like!
  • "We can't stop here - this is bat country!!"
    • Ninjas are mammals
« Reply #40 on: Jan 18, 2012, 21:18 »
There is progress, but all the parties need to be confirmed.  Paddy and BUCS (and myself) have been working on the Champs, but as you might imagine trying to source a DH track that is both challenging and can handle the camping and logistics hasn't been easy. 

DUNKELD!
Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour Tour

Dougie S

« Reply #41 on: Jan 18, 2012, 22:05 »

DUNKELD!

this, so so so much

retep

• Senior
    • Southampton University Mountain Bike Club
« Reply #42 on: Jan 19, 2012, 00:32 »

DUNKELD!

this, so so so much

+1

laza10

• Junior
« Reply #43 on: Jan 20, 2012, 17:41 »

DUNKELD!

this, so so so much

+1

is this a possibility for racing?? cos it is going to take llloooonnnngggg from portsmouth..

retep

• Senior
    • Southampton University Mountain Bike Club
« Reply #44 on: Jan 20, 2012, 18:42 »

DUNKELD!

this, so so so much

+1

is this a possibility for racing?? cos it is going to take llloooonnnngggg from portsmouth..

Just like it would've taken Aberdeen, Dundee etc. a llloooonnnngggg time to get to UKBP in 09 you mean  ;)

© 2013 Ride It Out