Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 661 Evo Knee  (Read 863 times)

[Rob]

• Ride.io
  • Site Admin
  • God Like!
  • Ride.io
    • Check out the home page
661 Evo Knee
« on: Nov 27, 2011, 17:53 »
Take a look at the new 661 Evo Knee pad with D30.

http://www.southerndownhill.com/reviews/armour/661-evo-knee-pads-first-look.html

Anyone else got their knees in a set of these yet?
Change is good! Ride It Out.

Londoner

• Immortal
  • God Like!
Re: 661 Evo Knee
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2011, 18:43 »
Had the 1st generation knees and elbows - agree with comments in the article about the elbows! I seemed to spend more time pulling them back up my arms than them staying put :(

The 1st gen. Knees stay put better but compared to my 661 Kyle strait knees I find the evos to irritate my knee caps as they are more flexible in the kneecap area whereas the plastic cap on the kyle straits keeps this area away from the kneecap? Therefore the straits are better "all day" pads for mountain biking.

Sold my evo elbows but cannot sell the evo knees as they are more tatty. Would be interested in trying the 2nd gen knees once my Kyle straits eventually wear out.

Col @ FLi

• FLi Distribution / www.mtb-direct.co.uk
  • MTB Company
  • God Like!
  • DH Rocks!
    • http://www.flidistribution.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2011, 18:49 »
send me your address / sizes, I'll send you out some of the O'Neal elbow and knee pads to try, cos I'd like to see what you think of them in comparison to the 661 stuff.

the new FLi Distribution is here - shop with us, and the order is passed to your local dealer to supply.

Si09

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2011, 19:04 »
Take a look at the new 661 Evo Knee pad with D30.

http://www.southerndownhill.com/reviews/armour/661-evo-knee-pads-first-look.html

Anyone else got their knees in a set of these yet?

I managed to try a set. I wasn't keen really. I'm big fan of 661 stuff. In fact all of my pads are 661 but I didn't get on with these. They didn't feel comfortable at all and cut in and around my knee. They have a lot of flex which is good but I wouldn't buy a set. I was constantly aware of them being strapped to my leg.

ilovedirt99

• God Like!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2011, 19:15 »
I quite like my kyle straits, though over the 6ish months i've had them, they seem to have stretched and don't stay put quite as well as they used to, i wonder if these are any better...

Si09

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
« Reply #5 on: Nov 28, 2011, 19:32 »
I quite like my kyle straits, though over the 6ish months i've had them, they seem to have stretched and don't stay put quite as well as they used to, i wonder if these are any better...

They stayed in place, but not as comfortable as I would have liked.

TomW

• Senior
« Reply #6 on: Nov 28, 2011, 22:44 »
send me your address / sizes, I'll send you out some of the O'Neal elbow and knee pads to try, cos I'd like to see what you think of them in comparison to the 661 stuff.

Col, are there any O'Neal knee and shin combo SC1 pads planned at all?  I've got the bug for this SC1 stuff now!

Col @ FLi

• FLi Distribution / www.mtb-direct.co.uk
  • MTB Company
  • God Like!
  • DH Rocks!
    • http://www.flidistribution.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: Nov 28, 2011, 23:02 »
Yeah, its a product due for next year, I saw the samples in Germany last week, they look pretty cool.

personally I've stopped using shin pads a while ago, because I only ride SPD, but there is defo a market for it.

I'll see if I can get a delivery date, because at the moment its Knee only I'm afraid, although the sinners are quite long.
the new FLi Distribution is here - shop with us, and the order is passed to your local dealer to supply.

grahamt1980

« Reply #8 on: Nov 28, 2011, 23:19 »

I managed to try a set. I wasn't keen really. I'm big fan of 661 stuff. In fact all of my pads are 661 but I didn't get on with these. They didn't feel comfortable at all and cut in and around my knee. They have a lot of flex which is good but I wouldn't buy a set. I was constantly aware of them being strapped to my leg.

Mine cut in around the back of my knee, well they did until I put them on the wrong knee, left pad on the right and vice versa.
Wierdly they are much more comfy that way, no idea why
Bruises fade, chicks dig scars, but deraileurs are friggin expensive

tom661

• MMA
  • MTB Company
  • Junior
« Reply #9 on: Nov 29, 2011, 13:43 »
As stated in the article. These pads have been 100% redesigned for 2012. The only thing the same is the name.

© 2013 Ride It Out