Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Sellers adding more than?

Add more details
Update guide to show this
Can't be bothered
There's a for sale section?
Keep it as it is.

Author Topic: Buying and Selling Guide +  (Read 1466 times)

MonsterT

• Junior
Buying and Selling Guide +
« on: Sep 29, 2011, 09:35 »
[Just a little moan  ;D]

Any chance of asking sellers to include more details in some of their adverts. 
They know what they are selling (We hope) and posting for example: "Stem from *company* £xx posted" or "Gi**t frame its nice £xx posted" is not much use to me and means I have to ask what size/length/bolts etc etc etc When it would be so simple to add this at the start and means people know from the start what they are looking at.
I've seen a few sales recently that I was interested in,  for me and a good mate,  but when it looks like the seller can't be bothered,  then I get the same feeling.

[/End little moan]

xiphon

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • A southerner oop north!
Re: Buying and Selling Guide +
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2011, 10:26 »
If people put the effort it, they might find it easier to actually sell their things.

I think sales template would be sensible ( southerndownhill.com/sell ) fill in your username, password, select category (is it a frame, forks, seatpost, etc) which has some drop-down options to choose from (seatpost size; frame size; etc).

Finding the time to actually do it though would be another thing....
I love citrus fruit!

[Al]

• Server Monkey
  • Site Admin
  • God Like!
  • Tweaking required.
    • Southerndownhill.com
« Reply #2 on: Sep 29, 2011, 11:30 »
Xiphon - we actually have some software that kinda already does that, but it needs some work which I've just not had time to do over the summer. I'm hoping to get to it before the new year and probably integrate it with an SMF upgrade to v2.
Ride fast, take chances. Just don't blame me when you fall off.

enid_puceflange

• Mr O
« Reply #3 on: Sep 29, 2011, 22:35 »
May i suggest a feedback thread page ;)

G
Some say that they reverse engineed his insides to design the Iphone4.
And that he is responsible for most of the worlds methane.
All we know is,He's called Enid

[Al]

• Server Monkey
  • Site Admin
  • God Like!
  • Tweaking required.
    • Southerndownhill.com
« Reply #4 on: Sep 30, 2011, 07:28 »
May i suggest a feedback thread page ;)

G
But since there is no way to verify who has actually bought anything it's not easy. Plus, it then leads to a legal area that I'm not sure we want to get into.

The classified here are not meant to replace eBay etc, they are meant to be an easy way for like minded folk to exchange goods. If that system can not be used safely then perhaps it will just have to be removed. We'll see.

Point

• God Like!
« Reply #5 on: Sep 30, 2011, 08:41 »
Would is be possible to bring back the Karma thing we had many moons back? However, a different version of it?

Would it be possible to restrict Karma giving somehow to only those who have purchased an Item from the Classifieds?

Point

[Al]

• Server Monkey
  • Site Admin
  • God Like!
  • Tweaking required.
    • Southerndownhill.com
« Reply #6 on: Sep 30, 2011, 08:42 »
Would it be possible to restrict Karma giving somehow to only those who have purchased an Item from the Classifieds?
Sadly not. Though I know what you are thinking and we've had the same though :)

MonsterT

• Junior
« Reply #7 on: Sep 30, 2011, 19:01 »
Would is be possible to bring back the Karma thing we had many moons back? However, a different version of it?

Point

Is that a system similar to iTrader.  Where a member is rated on sales or purchases and other members can see this and make their own mind up before parting with their hard earned £'s.

Would also like to add that it would be great if members were encouraged (or suffer a chinese burn) to alter their sales threads (by editing the first post) with something like 'Finished'  or similar to avoid others clicking on 99 threads to find the item is sold,  or as seen a few times, members asking if its still for sale to find a reply a few days later with "No its sold"

[Rob]

• Ride.io
  • Site Admin
  • God Like!
  • Ride.io
    • Check out the home page
« Reply #8 on: Sep 30, 2011, 21:45 »

Point
Would also like to add that it would be great if members were encouraged (or suffer a chinese burn) to alter their sales threads (by editing the first post) with something like 'Finished'  or similar to avoid others clicking on 99 threads to find the item is sold,  or as seen a few times, members asking if its still for sale to find a reply a few days later with "No its sold"

We do encourage this and most people to write SOLD or DELETE in the subject tittle when things have been sold.  You just don't see it that often because the mods keep on top of it and delete it ;)
Change is good! Ride It Out.

xiphon

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • A southerner oop north!
« Reply #9 on: Oct 01, 2011, 07:40 »
The cynic in me thinks you actually like the extra clicks, due to the ads being displayed....
I love citrus fruit!

[Al]

• Server Monkey
  • Site Admin
  • God Like!
  • Tweaking required.
    • Southerndownhill.com
« Reply #10 on: Oct 02, 2011, 22:40 »
The cynic in me thinks you actually like the extra clicks, due to the ads being displayed....
Nah. Quality, not quantity, is what makes ads pay. (and in the grand scheme its a tiny percentage anyway)

© 2013 Ride It Out