Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Great weekend at Bucknell  (Read 5722 times)

JonGW

• Senior

faloolah

Re: Bucknell Track Pics!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 14, 2009, 09:17 »
Track looks great, looking forward to the uplift day. Does anyone know if Bucknell will become a legal track to ride whenever or will it just be races and uplifts?

Flathead
« Reply #2 on: Aug 14, 2009, 18:53 »
Yes, Bucknell is on Forestry Commission land and is therefore available to ride anytime just like Hopton and Bringewood.

Wit

« Reply #3 on: Aug 14, 2009, 23:40 »
track looks freekin awsome! cant wait to race it!

Tenyearsafter

• Senior
    • My Flickr
« Reply #4 on: Aug 24, 2009, 17:07 »
Did the uplift day at Bucknell yesterday, didn't take a camera but you will have seen the pics on the Pearce site by now anyway I'm sure.  Thoughts on the track; short but plenty going on, a case of quality not quantity.  

Opening section was deceptive, trickier that it looked on walking it first thing.  Enjoyed the blast over the step down then round the berm into the big table.  Few nice drifty corners after that then into the woods.  Nice to see it taped out good & wide to allow plenty of line choice, hope it stays that way for the race.  On the lower section though couldn't believe the amount of dust.  I got to do a day a Pila couple of weeks ago whilst out in the Alps & this reminded me of the dust fest out there.  If it rains before the race however its going to be slik.  

The road gap/step down what have you had a couple of chicken runs that seemed to see plenty of traffic all day. Final section that I think will catch a few out on race day is the bus stop to the tight & steep shoot next to the tree.  Drops down on to a load of loose rocks & straight into a right hander.  Suspect that will cause a few bar into tree into endo moments.  Might be a good spot to watch if you like seeing a bit of carnage.  Though now I think of it the last off camber bit down to the fire road had the potential to put you straight on into the bushes as well

Got plenty of runs in, lost count a bit but I think we did at least 11 or 12 & that was taking a bit out for a spot of lunch.  Good fast uplift as well, guess that's the advantage of the shorter course.  Spoke with Dave Pearce at the end of the day who confirmed the FC were causing problems with uplifts next year but he seemed hopeful he had a solution. Lets all hope so.  
Dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

KiwiDave

Great weekend at Bucknell
« Reply #5 on: Sep 07, 2009, 12:41 »
Props to the Pearce crew for a great new track - loads of fun and variety. 
Too old not to
but Never too old

The_Night_Sheep

• Senior
  • A.K.A. Wiggy
Re: Great weekend at Bucknell
« Reply #6 on: Sep 07, 2009, 13:25 »
agreed, i thought it was 1 of the best/funnest tracks of the year and they even mangaed to book some good weather this time.

cant wait to race there again next year. that is unless the fc have other ideas about uplifts anyway!
Team GiantPonyKrisis

JoshDH

Any Pictures from Bucknell
« Reply #7 on: Sep 07, 2009, 14:19 »
hi,

does anyone have any pics of the juvenile, youth and senior podium ??
LOOSE AS KEN !!!

Tenyearsafter

• Senior
    • My Flickr
« Reply #8 on: Sep 07, 2009, 16:44 »
I also enjoyed the weekend, helped in no small part by the good weather & the fact that the DG dog seemed to have his mouth glued together so none of the usual incessant barking  ;).  Well organised as ever & cool to see such a large vets field.  Gotta practice tight, rooty stuff more over the winter though if I'm going to drag myself up from the bottom of the time sheets. Favorite moment I think was listening to the commentator (the young cocky one not SP) on Baracuda's second run saying something like "he's gone huge on the step down, he's whipped it!" excellent! 

ben-236

Re: Any Pictures from Bucknell
« Reply #9 on: Sep 07, 2009, 17:26 »
I haven't found any yet, anyone got some?

James13

• God Like!
« Reply #10 on: Sep 07, 2009, 20:35 »
cant wait to race there again next year. that is unless the fc have other ideas about uplifts anyway!

spoke to Dave about this.

and yep. bucknell will require public transport uplifts next year due to FC so dunno if we will see it used again, although the roads wouldn't be too bad for mini busses

Tenyearsafter

• Senior
    • My Flickr
« Reply #11 on: Sep 07, 2009, 21:00 »
Quote from: The_Night_Sheep on Today at 13:25:27

spoke to Dave about this.

and yep. bucknell will require public transport uplifts next year due to FC so dunno if we will see it used again, although the roads wouldn't be too bad for mini busses

I understand there is a solution to be had involving LWB Land Rovers, so Dave said a couple of weeks ago

steveh

• Racer and commentator
« Reply #12 on: Sep 07, 2009, 21:47 »
There are a few options at the moment for uplifts but none are definite. Pearce wanted to use minibuses this time at Bucknell but unsurprisingly couldn't find anyone who fancied doing it.

Seriously would you let your expensive buses and (less importantly) drivers do that...

Adamski888

Re: Any Pictures from Bucknell
« Reply #13 on: Sep 07, 2009, 21:50 »
Hey!
My wife has loads of photo's from the race she'll be uploading (probably to pinkbike) tomorrow. Her username on pinkbike is debarooo but I'll post a link soon as mate..

© 2013 Ride It Out