These are the rules. If you want to use Southerndownhill.com's forum then you need to abide by them.
- Your account should not be shared. Keeps your password safe and secure. If you think your account has been compromised, change your password and let a moderator know if you need some help.
- You may only have one account. Multiple accounts will be deleted and your primary account may be banned too.
- You can change your display name. Please only use letters (a-z, A-Z), numbers (0-9), dashes , full stops, underscores and spaces. Do not use any other character. Only MTBCompany users may also use an @ sign (eg. Al@SDH). SDH staff may also use square brakets (eg. [Al]). Any display name which is offensive will be removed and/or the user banned at the discretion of an admin.
- This forum is for everyone. Respect other people's opinions and views. If you don't like an opinion and you can not construct a polite and constructive reply, do not reply.
- We will not tolerate abusive language/personal attacks whether openly on the forum or via the SDH private message system. If you are lucky you will receive a warning. It's more likely you will simply be banned.
- Try and keep replies on-topic. We appreciate conversations wander, but perhaps a new thread would be better?
- All posts must be in English. Txt typing is not English, so please don't use it.
- Do not astroturf or pretend to be/represent somebody else. Your account will be deleted if found to be in breach of this rule.
- Check that your question has not been answered anywhere else on the site. Use the search feature.
- Post your comment/question to the most appropriate place. Any posts deemed to be in the wrong forum will be moved. Do not cross-post the same question to multiple places.
- Make sure you have read the parent article/post completely before posting a reply.
- Use your own words. If you wish to use the words of somebody else, quote them, citing the source. Plagiarism is unethical and is illegal in many countries.
- Choose an appropriate subject line. Try to summarise briefly in the subject, and elaborate in the message itself. Repeat the subject in the body if it will make things clearer. Do not use all caps and do not add false information just to get attention (e.g. "read this or you will be arrested"). An example of a bad subject would be "HELP ME". A good subject might be, "How can I get over doubles faster?". Do not use a URL as a thread title.
- No useless posts. This includes: Thread bumping, useless one liners, Flamewars, Trolling and Spamming, just saying "Hi", etc.
- Keep all commentary civil, and be courteous at all times. Constructive criticism is welcome, but insults directed towards other users or the site staff will not be tolerated. Coarse/insulting language will not be tolerated.
- Do not discuss illegal activities. Our server is hosted in the USA and so is subject to US law too. Please do not expose us to any unnecessary legal liability.
- Do not link to any site that contains adult content, sexually oriented material or might otherwise be considered offensive. Any post containing an inappropriate link will be deleted and the poster will receive a warning. Likewise do not propose/link to any site that contains warez/copyrighted software/materials that can be downloaded illegally.
- No commercial advertising is permitted.
- Please do not use the forum to conduct surveys for commercial, educational or some other reason. Set up a survey on your own server where data protection is your problem and stick a link in your sig by all means...
- Any posts deemed to be self promotion, advertising, or spam can and will be removed. NO SPAM - NO ADVERTISING eg. Posting and making excessive, inappropriate and unnecessary references to your products and websites is self promotion. This includes blatant sales links/plugs.
- Ebay Links for users selling products must only be posted in the Ebay section. Similarly we are not a link farm for other classified sites. Post your ad on SDH, not a link to it elsewhere.
- This is not the place to settle a commercial disagreement or to be a 'wall of shame'. Any posts deemed to be of this nature will be removed. Settle your disputes in private please.
- As a courtesy to our friends in the industry we ask you not to post trade prices on the forum.
- If you feel a post violates any of these rules, or you need to bring it to the attention of a moderator (move threads/close/split), please use the ‘report to moderator’ link to notify the moderators so we may take appropriate action.
- Must be setup in your Profile (link up the top) , and not manually added to your messages.
- May NOT contain any images.
- May not contain any pricing, sales, product etc. details.
- May contain a maximum of two smilies.
- May include two clickable links. URL's or mailto: - No duplicate links.
- Only exact URLs allowed ie not < a href="http://www.southerndownhill.com" >LOOK HERE < /a >- No tinyurls etc either, only exact, literal URLs.
- May include two colours. Hyperlink color is set by the forum and is not counted as a colour.
- Maximum font size cannot be larger than normal+1.
- Must be kept to a maximum of three lines.
- May not contain links to other threads or posts for the purpose of self promotion - bar a single link to a thread in SDH's classified boards.
- Your signature is your signature. It is not for sale or rent (MTBCompany members may link to their website).
- Any signature or avatar that is offensive or insulting to either us, our members, or our staff, is prohibited.
- We reserve the right to ask you to change and/or remove your signature or avatar at any time, for any reason.
The rules governing Companies
can be found HERE
Advice for those conducting sales/purchasing via the forum classifieds can be found HERE
Failure to abide by these rules may result in an editing, negative moderation or deletion of your post. We reserve the right to ban abusers from the site. We reserve the right to change these rules at any time.